advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 05:53 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default SSDI/SSI Confused..Please help

I just got of the phone with ssi office. The lady said I will be recieving ssdi and and supplemental playment of ssi. For the sake of understanding me better I'll go ahead of using amounts. On the ssdi I'll get a monthly amount of $850 an on the ssi a monthly payment of $170. But I thouht you only got supplemental ssi if the ssdi amount was lower then ssi?

The other thing was she told me I would be getting backpay payments, not a one lump sum. I then said to her that didn't she just tell me that I will be recieveing ssdi? So wouldn't that mean I should be recieveing a one lump sum. She said after looking she didn't said that my ssdi backpay was moved over to ssi backpay, because they couldn't pay me the ssi supplemental payment without doing it this way.

So is the correct way they do things? I really confused and don't want to get incorrect info, and taken avantage of.

Sorry for all the the mispellings, I have blind spots do to a stroke cause by migrains aura. I can't see good enough to read and I use dragon dictation to write and read back in audio.
HolyGrail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 03-16-2011, 09:31 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyGrail View Post
I just got of the phone with ssi office. The lady said I will be recieving ssdi and and supplemental playment of ssi. For the sake of understanding me better I'll go ahead of using amounts. On the ssdi I'll get a monthly amount of $850 an on the ssi a monthly payment of $170. But I thouht you only got supplemental ssi if the ssdi amount was lower then ssi?

The other thing was she told me I would be getting backpay payments, not a one lump sum. I then said to her that didn't she just tell me that I will be recieveing ssdi? So wouldn't that mean I should be recieveing a one lump sum. She said after looking she didn't said that my ssdi backpay was moved over to ssi backpay, because they couldn't pay me the ssi supplemental payment without doing it this way.

So is the correct way they do things? I really confused and don't want to get incorrect info, and taken avantage of.

Sorry for all the the mispellings, I have blind spots do to a stroke cause by migrains aura. I can't see good enough to read and I use dragon dictation to write and read back in audio.
Are you in California? Are you legally blind in both eyes? The numbers are not making sense to me.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:40 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, I'm in CA
HolyGrail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:04 PM #4
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default post to this person

[Sorry that the information you received is so confusing. I think it is confusing also. If you can post to legal mania on the SSD thread. She has some knowledge on SSD subject. She may be able to understand their reply better than I can. We may be able to post back to you with bigger writing for your visual problem. I am new to the site and don't know how to adapt to larger writing yet. There will be others that can help also. Good luck to you. Ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:51 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyGrail View Post
I can't see good enough to read and I use dragon dictation to write and read back in audio.
Typing in large font (6) so you can read this reply.....

You can enlarge the fonts so you can read them. At the top of the reply box is where you can change the size of your fonts.
Click on the Size triangle

Make your font size selection

============

Highlight your text, click on the Size triangle, select your font size.
Mz Migraine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote