Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 03-26-2011, 05:24 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Green Pharmacy for Parkinson's Disease

Info about Fava bean (Vicia faba), Velvet bean (Mucuna, various species), Evening primrose (Oenothera biennis), Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba), Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) and St.-John's-wort (Hypericum perforatum).
what do you think? what is your experienc? all these herbs are supposed to help !
cheers
Imad

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/...ooks/41/92.cfm

advertisement
Old 03-26-2011, 09:05 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Imad,
I took Ginko Biloba for a couple of years prior to diagnosis, It helped with memory and concentration, and circulation, and took away some of the twitchiness that I had before going on sinemet. There were a lot of things it did not touch.

St John's Wort should be used sparingly and only for short periods of time. It can be very helpful for depression, but can also mask more serious mental health problems, and is not suitable for clinical depression. There are studies that relate to this, but I know this from watching someone desperate to escape depression, who would not use it within recommended limits, and for whom it really did not help matters.

Evening primrose is an old staple that does not do any harm, very useful for women.

Mucuna and velvet bean are used almost interchangeably, but do comprise different variants, they have been used as a green manure for a long time and grow all over the worldl. The Fava bean is one that needs to be researched carefully before it is used as people can be very allergic to it, there is a condition called Favism, and the reaction can be quite extreme. You can get tested for it, and if it come clear there is no problem using it. I would not advise anyone to use them without having the test done. Aunt Bean would agree, I think.

Herbal medicine is very useful when used well and with caution, preferably under supervision by a trained herbalist. Unfortunately there are not that many of them around, and a lot of self taught people profess to be what they are not.
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (03-27-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 09:30 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes ...Aunt Bean agrees ...get the G6pd blood test before usiing fava bean products please. I find natural things work very well for me GREEN PHARMACY book by James Duke got the ball rolling And I am so thankful to him for writing the book...
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (04-02-2011)