Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 04-24-2011, 09:00 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default pelvic dyskinesia trying to tell us something?

move your hips folks....wish there were ballroom dancing lessons here- guess i could get a hoola hoop...

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/di...-masturbation/

in homeopathy classes i learned that pathos expresses where there is weakness. thinking in electrical or subtle terms this would also extend to the chakras.l of course pd seems like such a BIG grounding issue it makes sense that our root chakra is qi deficient. i've said too much already but thought ya'all could use a laugh.

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla

Last edited by moondaughter; 04-24-2011 at 09:16 AM.
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Muireann (04-24-2011)

advertisement
Old 04-24-2011, 04:16 PM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Can I just do it until I have essential tremor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondaughter View Post
move your hips folks....wish there were ballroom dancing lessons here- guess i could get a hoola hoop...

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/di...-masturbation/

in homeopathy classes i learned that pathos expresses where there is weakness. thinking in electrical or subtle terms this would also extend to the chakras.l of course pd seems like such a BIG grounding issue it makes sense that our root chakra is qi deficient. i've said too much already but thought ya'all could use a laugh.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (04-24-2011), moondaughter (04-24-2011)
Old 04-24-2011, 04:37 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=reverett123;765126]Can I just do it until I have essential tremor? [/QUOTE

lol
hey rev...were you the kid that used to sit in the back of a classroom and just kinda quietly snicker???

if two stones dropped in a pond at equal distance of equal weight and casing ripples of equal amplitude will cancel each others wave out ..well why not try using an eeg machine or vibrator for that matter and try matching the pd tremor frequency....sort of parkinsons style aikido??lol but definitely go for the essential in the tremor.....

thx for replying - the silence is a bit deafening....not sure my humor is appreciated and apologies if i offended anyone...

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
Old 04-24-2011, 05:46 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default sorry md that I don't get it !

homeopathy ? masturbation therapy? or what else?
Imad

[QUOTE=moondaughter;765136]
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
Can I just do it until I have essential tremor? [/QUOTE

lol
hey rev...were you the kid that used to sit in the back of a classroom and just kinda quietly snicker???

if two stones dropped in a pond at equal distance of equal weight and casing ripples of equal amplitude will cancel each others wave out ..well why not try using an eeg machine or vibrator for that matter and try matching the pd tremor frequency....sort of parkinsons style aikido??lol but definitely go for the essential in the tremor.....

thx for replying - the silence is a bit deafening....not sure my humor is appreciated and apologies if i offended anyone...
Old 04-24-2011, 06:03 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

From the aforementioned article:

Granted, Marin only found that the man’s legs calmed down after masturbation: The dopamine-mediated chain of events between masturbation and relief are (educated) speculations. He thinks that nature’s largest blast of dopamine acts in the same way as the dopamine drugs, and he points to a past study to make his case. In the previous study, scientists looked at brain scans of ejaculating men, discovering that the release of dopamine was so intense that orgasms actually have a similar effect on our brains as heroin. Our natural dopamine spurts act much like our most powerful drugs.

This could go along way to explaining hyper-sexuality as side effect from dopa and agonist therapy. Why couldn't I get this side effect? lol Instead, I buy and amass yarn....

MD, love the "pelvic dyskinesia"

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
moondaughter (04-24-2011)
Old 04-24-2011, 06:09 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=imark3000;765151]homeopathy ? masturbation therapy? or what else?
Imad

well.....how about sound that would match the frequency vibration of a parkinsonian tremor? or light therapy...what color is your tremor? everything vibrates . do you ever feel like your fear is more visible than others? if i had restless legs i'd try the self pleasuring method if it meant a good nights sleep...we laugh because we feel it isn't that simple...but i have aa healthy respect for what is known as kundalini....-i just thought the idea of orgasm as cure was ...well. kinda cool way to cure illness!i tend to think in metaphors a lot...silly me.

~ Nikola Tesla
Old 04-24-2011, 07:07 PM #7
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Although I will probably be totally embarrased in the morning, I am going to try to be a grown up here for a moment. There is at least something here that may be important. First,on a cultural level, there are many differences between the high PD US and low PD India. Sexuality is one. Coincidence?

Second, repression of emotion can have serious consequences - psycogenic movement disorders, for one. Suppression of a basic drive such as sex is far more serious.

Third, dopamine levels are bound to make an interesting graph as orgasm approaches. For one thing, it is not just the experience of pleasure that drives those levels up. An even stronger stimulus is the ANTICIPATION of pleasure. That is what drives the gambler. He seldom wins big, but every time he feeds a slot machine he ANTICIPATES winning. Sex is similar. The approach of orgasm plucks the same strings, whether one is alone or not.

Fourth, The mention of the chakras - there is a definite connection between those times that my meds will not work and the chakra associated with sex. It is a blockage of some sort that dissolves simultaneously with the meds kicking in.

-Rick

[QUOTE=moondaughter;765157]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imark3000 View Post
homeopathy ? masturbation therapy? or what else?
Imad

well.....how about sound that would match the frequency vibration of a parkinsonian tremor? or light therapy...what color is your tremor? everything vibrates . do you ever feel like your fear is more visible than others? if i had restless legs i'd try the self pleasuring method if it meant a good nights sleep...we laugh because we feel it isn't that simple...but i have aa healthy respect for what is known as kundalini....-i just thought the idea of orgasm as cure was ...well. kinda cool way to cure illness!i tend to think in metaphors a lot...silly me.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:21 PM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=Conductor71;765156]From the aforementioned article:

Granted, Marin only found that the man’s legs calmed down after masturbation: The dopamine-mediated chain of events between masturbation and relief are (educated) speculations. He thinks that nature’s largest blast of dopamine acts in the same way as the dopamine drugs, and he points to a past study to make his case. In the previous study, scientists looked at brain scans of ejaculating men, discovering that the release of dopamine was so intense that orgasms actually have a similar effect on our brains as heroin. Our natural dopamine spurts act much like our most powerful drugs.

This could go along way to explaining hyper-sexuality as side effect from dopa and agonist therapy. Why couldn't I get this side effect? lol Instead, I buy and amass yarn....

MD, love the "pelvic dyskinesia"

Laura,

the dyskinesia i experience is literally a sort of hoola hoop type movement of my pelvis! my belief is that nature reveals herself in her signature ,that function follows form even in illness and we can learn a lot through observing such as we move ever onward evolving in complexity. Even illness serves towards evolution as chaos precedes reverse entropy.

perhaps the yarn collection reflects creative urges more in the solar plexus?or may be there is something to do with staying warm which could be solar plexus as some say this third chakra resides under the sternum..just below the thyroid!

~ Nikola Tesla