advertisement

Old 05-05-2011, 07:24 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How much backpay from ss does Metlife get???

HI everyone just got back on site.. I used to be sunshinegirl.. If anyone has a answer please let me know if I am getting screwed. Thanks I am still waiting for Metlife to tell me how much to pay them.
lexiemae1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-05-2011, 08:44 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi lexiemae1,
Why do you think you are getting screwed? I had to repay my private disability provider once I received my approval and backpay from SSDI.

Shari
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:40 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari_W View Post
Hi lexiemae1,
Why do youthink you are getting screwed? I had to repay my private disability provider once I received my approval and backpay from SSDI.

Shari
yes i sent them the letter my lawyer got $5000 for going with me 1 time.. I was wishing i would have a little left to spend on meds or whatever or r they going to take it all???
Thanks
Old 05-05-2011, 11:45 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Hi lexiemae1,
Why do you think you are getting screwed? I had to repay my private disability provider once I received my approval and backpay from SSDI.

Shari
Shari How much did u have to pay back???????
Old 05-06-2011, 11:04 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

They may or may not take all of it depending on how much they paid you per month and how much SSDI pays you per month. I had to pay back almost all of my backpay received for me. I did have a little left over but can't remember exactly how much. Do you have children? I have two children and also received money for them but was able to keep all of their backpay.

I Wasn't crazy about re-paying them but since my private disability carrier did pay me every month while I waited for approval and the contract stated that I would have to repay them, it was the right thing to do. Plus I was grateful that I did have some income coming in the household for me while I waited so long for SSDI approval.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:12 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool

Quote:
They may or may not take all of it depending on how much they paid you per month and how much SSDI pays you per month. I had to pay back almost all of my backpay received for me. I did have a little left over but can't remember exactly how much. Do you have children? I have two children and also received money for them but was able to keep all of their backpay.

I Wasn't crazy about re-paying them but since my private disability carrier did pay me every month while I waited for approval and the contract stated that I would have to repay them, it was the right thing to do. Plus I was grateful that I did have some income coming in the household for me while I waited so long for SSDI approval.
thanks alot shari
Old 05-07-2011, 05:18 PM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You're welcome.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:59 AM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

For once I am actually GLAD I had no one TO pay back. I was poor enough to qualify for Medicaid and they only wanted partial payback-- in the state of VT. ...and of course they couldn't touch my kid's $ because it had nothing to do with MY illness! I ended up getting enough to buy a very current and nice used car.
XOXO
Mya

No soul is desolate as long as there is a human being for whom it can feel trust and reverence.
~T.S. Eliot
MiaVT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:50 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

lexiemae1
I too have Metlife and I can tell you I had to pay back the entire check..over $30k. I received a credit for using their attorney - Allsup.

Also my children's backpay they did not request however they said it created another overpayemnt (over $15k) lol. Which was more than I received in their backpay..go figure. So I am in the hole with them right now $15k so they have suspended the money portion of my benefits for 19 months. Not a happy camper here but nothing I can do.

Also I was approved at the "any occupation" phase in February, however continously harassed is what I call it by receiving a minimum of 3 phones a month from the case manager and then their "request of medical documentation for review of my claim" and/or "attending physican statement review form" every two months..my doctors are getting frustrated and I know this is what Metlife is betting on.
Good luck in your dealings with them. I had no problems until the 24 month mark came..
COLBEYMOORE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:15 AM #10

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

COLBEYMOORE,
How can MetLife say you owe them the money that you received for your children when they didn't include their benefits in your monthly payment from them while waiting for SSDI approval?