soccertese (05-11-2011)

advertisement
Old 05-10-2011, 06:38 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default whatever will they do now with all that $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
Wow, thanks for posting this Paula. Whatever will the owners do with the almost NINETY MILLION they collected during the brief time this place was operating? The article said they charged 3,000 people almost 26,000 euros, doing the math, that is a heckuva lotta euros. How can people like this sleep at night?
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:28 PM #3
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default with that kind of money

they probably sleep quite comfortably -i guess i don't know European countries' laws. It is apparently legal, or was, but where has therapeutic efficacy been proven? do countries have different rules about experimental treatments: well they obviously do. what were people told that made them think it could be successful.

We only have Freeds fetal cell trial and it helped the one person i know who was in it, but she has since had a DBS and is very dyskinetic. So her fetal cells may be multiplying too much or dying.

I do not trust stem cells from another person- there is no reason to yet. We are all too different and stem cells are not like organ transplants.

I like my medicine to be synthetic....ha.

Seriously tho, has anyone got a good report about being treated at XCell? it's not funny, two little boys died. I hope the brave people who were treated didn't give up their life savings.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
made it up (05-18-2011)
Old 05-11-2011, 09:41 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
We only have Freeds fetal cell trial and it helped the one person i know who was in it, but she has since had a DBS and is very dyskinetic. So her fetal cells may be multiplying too much or dying.
My guess is her fetal cells are dying off because nothing was done to correct the problem before the new cells were implanted.

Last edited by GregD; 05-11-2011 at 02:13 PM.
GregD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:57 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
Wow, thanks for posting this Paula. Whatever will the owners do with the almost NINETY MILLION they collected during the brief time this place was operating? The article said they charged 3,000 people almost 26,000 euros, doing the math, that is a heckuva lotta euros. How can people like this sleep at night?
They did over 1800 operations at the time my husband went there. I do not know how many they did after his session but I know there were at 200+ scheduled for the next 3 months.

By using his own stems cells being extracted, cleansed, counted for efficacy, and put back into his spinal column, he has seen so far a 38% reduction in his Parkinsons symptoms. The website listed the names of some of the patients who allowed them to be accessed for comments which we did including our doctor. Plus all their statistics on all the opertions they performed for each disease they treated was on-line and sent to us verified by DRS. in the US.

For my husband, and obviously myself, it was a miracle. My husband has reduced his meds by 60% and counting. It takes about a year for the damaged cells to be replaced. We are hoping for a 70% recovery but are more than happy for what has transpired so far.

As far as sleeping is concerned, they should sleep well due to the miracles they performed and so do we because of those miracles.

*edit*

Last edited by Chemar; 05-18-2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: NeuroTalk Guidelines
decogal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:07 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default glad to hear you were helped

Quote:
Originally Posted by decogal View Post
They did over 1800 operations at the time my husband went there. I do not know how many they did after his session but I know there were at 200+ scheduled for the next 3 months.

By using his own stems cells being extracted, cleansed, counted for efficacy, and put back into his spinal column, he has seen so far a 38% reduction in his Parkinsons symptoms. The website listed the names of some of the patients who allowed them to be accessed for comments which we did including our doctor. Plus all their statistics on all the opertions they performed for each disease they treated was on-line and sent to us verified by DRS. in the US.

For my husband, and obviously myself, it was a miracle. My husband has reduced his meds by 60% and counting. It takes about a year for the damaged cells to be replaced. We are hoping for a 70% recovery but are more than happy for what has transpired so far.

As far as sleeping is concerned, they should sleep well due to the miracles they performed and so do we because of those miracles.

*edit*
But I sure wish everyone else who had been helped would pipe up as well. Seems like they just had one or two guys with ambiguous, to us, claims of improvement posted on their site. Maybe the company can get registered and approved to continue operations and then others can go if they can and want to. Patient choice, informed consent, I'm all for that.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
made it up (05-18-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 05:31 PM #7
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default can you tell us more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
But I sure wish everyone else who had been helped would pipe up as well. Seems like they just had one or two guys with ambiguous, to us, claims of improvement posted on their site. Maybe the company can get registered and approved to continue operations and then others can go if they can and want to. Patient choice, informed consent, I'm all for that.
I think that would really help too lurking; Decogal, i don't think anyone thinks this is a bad thing - this clinic - but I do wonder if they did what needed to be done to prove it's safe and it works. When you say 38% improvement, that doesn't tell us what he now can do that he couldn't before. How was the 38% noted in his functioning or his psychology. we all are hoping you are right, but we don't have any evidence. The problem with numbers is that they don't tell you enough and they can be manipulated.

I could probably score 38% better on a test on a good day "on" compared to being off. Can you tell us more?

I'm torn between understanding that this clinic is trying to help people and i have advanced pd and fight all the time for speeding up treatments, but even the researchers here say IPS cells are not of therapeutc value yet. So if you see the improvement in your husband and he feels better I'm very happy for you both. is there more you can describe about his improvement?

are they providing follow up? or were they before being closed?
the best way to get a treatment going is to share what it did to your husband. Convince us and then we'll be hopeful that maybe this is just a regulation problem.

best to you,

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
VICTORIALOU (05-19-2011)