advertisement

Old 06-24-2011, 12:09 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thought I was doing better.

After changing doctors and trying new meds, I thought i was doing better and wondered if I still deserved to be on SSDI. Well I have learned that I am not getting better, the feeling was only temporary and now I am sure that I am where I should be. I was so pumped when my new pdoc gave me new hope that I was on the road to recovery but now I know just how ill I really am and I am humbled once again.
Shellback is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 06-25-2011, 10:06 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Some recent events have brought that emotional struggle over adjusting to life as 'a disabled person' home for me too Shell....I hope that you are doing okay.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Shellback (06-27-2011)
Old 06-30-2011, 09:58 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh my gosh Shellback...I go through the same thing often. I think I am going in the right direction for a day or two and then I crash and end up in the hospital again. I wish you the very best...try to keep you chin up.
Cblue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Shellback (07-02-2011)
Old 07-10-2011, 03:47 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Unfortunately thats the way it goes with mental disorders. You think you have hit upon the regiht combo of meds. They may even work for a month or 2 then all of the sudden the body adjusts and we are back to where we were before. I am worried as I have been told I have literally tried all of the meds out there. I have been on newer meds the past year with no real help. Only gaining alot of weight and very lethargic. I have only been on the computer 3 tims the past 6 weeks. I wish you luck but know you aren't in the boat alone.
Hoosier_Daddy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Shellback (07-11-2011)
Old 07-11-2011, 04:03 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Exactly Hoosier, but......I think it's the way it goes with ALL disorders, not just mental health issues. We have a good day....or a string of them....and get a taste of what life was like 'before'

That is frustrating....which adds to pain for some of us and can be even worse for those battling mental health issues.

We all have to try to enjoy the upswings, but NOT try to be superman/woman because that just makes the downswing that much more difficult !

Have you been peeking here Shell ? I hope that you are doing okay !

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Shellback (07-11-2011)
Old 07-11-2011, 11:15 AM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
Exactly Hoosier, but......I think it's the way it goes with ALL disorders, not just mental health issues. We have a good day....or a string of them....and get a taste of what life was like 'before'

That is frustrating....which adds to pain for some of us and can be even worse for those battling mental health issues.

We all have to try to enjoy the upswings, but NOT try to be superman/woman because that just makes the downswing that much more difficult !

Have you been peeking here Shell ? I hope that you are doing okay !
Hey finz, I have been lurking here and there and I am doing my best to hang in there. Went to see my doc last week and I was a total mess. I think my new pdoc finally see's just how poorly I am doing which is a good thing IMO since I need his support. Thanks for checking in on me finz.
Shellback is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:58 AM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Have you tried a more holistic approach to self-improvement - things like meditation, focused breathing, yoga etc. etc.
EducatedAsylum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:19 PM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes I am sorry I did forget to add I do have some good days. Sad but true if I take a 5 hour energy or drink a few energy drinks in the morning It does help me start my day. Or if my kids have some type of activity to attend that also helps. Both my daughters do marching band so getting out will help. Shell I am sure you were told this but the more you can get out of the house like walks or volunteering somewhere helps. Also if you exercise it helps. I have done both at different times and do believe it helps. But something happens. I think my body adjusts to the medicine and I get back to where I was at before. Hope things turn around for you. Trust me I know what you are going thru. Email me if would like,
Hoosier_Daddy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote