advertisement

Old 07-01-2011, 04:57 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Impatient

Well, I finally saw the neurologist and now I'm waiting for the MRI (7/11). They drew 6 vials of blood and I had to do a 24 hour urine collection. I will see the Neuro on 7/11 to discuss all the tests results. My Lyrica has been increased to 150 mg. a day. I can say that the zapping electric shocks in my feet are dull but they happening more frequently. I am also having my zaps in my fingers. Also, I have realized that I cannot tolerate cold (ceiling fans, cold movie theaters, car ac) which is really terrible during a menopausal hot flash!

This whole process is wearing on my nerves...pun intended!
teacherfeet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-02-2011, 08:10 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Increased Lyrica to 150 DAY?
150 is a starter dose. It really has no effect until
250 or 300mg/day, for most of us with serious PN.
I take 200mg Lyrica 3xday (600mg) along with
Tramadol (Ultram) at 100mg 4xday..
Old 07-02-2011, 08:32 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
Increased Lyrica to 150 DAY?
150 is a starter dose. It really has no effect until
250 or 300mg/day, for most of us with serious PN.
I take 200mg Lyrica 3xday (600mg) along with
Tramadol (Ultram) at 100mg 4xday..
Thanks, Bob. Yes, I understand 200 mg. is a low dose. My pcp started me at 50 2X because I tried Lyrica a few years ago for fibromyalgia and became very depressed. I am an elementary teacher and could not function. Needless to say, I was very leary of taking it again. But so far I haven't experienced that this time.

I think we must have identified my PN very early. My symptoms are not as severe as most people in this group, and to be honest, I hope we are able to get it under control before it does. The first I had ever heard of PN was when my 72 yr old dad was diagnosed with it 2 years ago. He takes loads of Cymbalta and Neurotin and is still in terrible pain. I did so much research on this condition trying to find answers for him! You can imagine my fear when I was diagnosed at the age of 51. The thought of possibly living the rest of my life in the degree of pain that my dad is in scares me to death!!!

I'm just ready to find out (or not) any underlying causes.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:00 AM #4
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi. I can understand your fears as I live like that too. Just trying to stay in the day and not get ahead of myself. Some is finding the right treatment or med to give you a better quality of life. Also if you can find the underlying why it can also help.
As for the meds if you are not feeling relief you may also want to talk to your doctor about adding another one. Sometimes it takes a combo or getting to the right dose.
I am super sensitive to temps and also a fan feels like a bat yet I start to sweat so it is hard to find the right balance. I try to redirect the air condition vents so it does not blow on me but up. You can buy an air deflector for cheap at home depot. In a place like movies it is harder I do know. Hope you get some answers at your apt and relief
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
teacherfeet (07-06-2011)
Old 07-03-2011, 09:48 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Hi. I can understand your fears as I live like that too. Just trying to stay in the day and not get ahead of myself. Some is finding the right treatment or med to give you a better quality of life. Also if you can find the underlying why it can also help.
As for the meds if you are not feeling relief you may also want to talk to your doctor about adding another one. Sometimes it takes a combo or getting to the right dose.
I am super sensitive to temps and also a fan feels like a bat yet I start to sweat so it is hard to find the right balance. I try to redirect the air condition vents so it does not blow on me but up. You can buy an air deflector for cheap at home depot. In a place like movies it is harder I do know. Hope you get some answers at your apt and relief
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. I am just SOOO ready to find out what is causing this! But from everything I've read, it is very possible that a root cause may not be found. The Neuro even gave me the percentage of PN being Idiopathic. I can tolerate the symptoms I am having now, but if they continue to worsen at this rate...
Old 07-04-2011, 12:53 AM #6
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherfeet View Post
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. I am just SOOO ready to find out what is causing this! But from everything I've read, it is very possible that a root cause may not be found. The Neuro even gave me the percentage of PN being Idiopathic. I can tolerate the symptoms I am having now, but if they continue to worsen at this rate...
Trust me I understand. I have been looking for the why for over 4 years and am tested out. If you can find the why behind obviously it can help in treatment. For myself though since I can't I am trying to learn how to manage the pain through treatments and also learn to cope with the barriers/mental impact this has. Also to stay in the day. This is very hard I know. Hope you find answers and relief
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote