advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 07:54 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What?

Diagnosed with Neuropathy in 2004 attributed to diabetes. My sugars have been on a roller coaster ride so I never questioned it.

Recently I lost control of my bowel and only the small bowel works, and it works up to 20 times a day. I'm battling with the desire not to eat so that I won't go to the loo, not sensible I know but I have to do something. I was on imodium but all that was doing was paralyzing my small bowel and causing immense pain and cramping when the bowel started moving again. Stopped using it.

Can't feel my left hand, both feet, my shoulders, left side of my face, may be other areas too that I can't remember at the minute. Went to Neurologist he ordered 2nd MRI still waiting for next appointment.

Saw GP last week, can now hardly walk though I'm still trying, the pain is just excrutiating, and I can see me headed for a wheelchair in order to get around town (I go out so rarely because of agoraphobia), I don't want it to be so agonizing that I find less reason to go out.

She did my Neuro obs and found them greatly reduced on the left side and somewhat reduced on the right. Wanted me to go to hospital but being agoraphobic, and knowing I could wait up to a month to see my Neuro because they come from interstate to hold clinic, I refused to go.

The pain is getting worse each day, I didn't sleep last night; I got up at 4am to take some pain killers and xanax because I was just a mess and so anxious about not sleeping and an appointment I was supposed to go to, but I had to cancel I just couldn't face it.

Can anyone please tell me what the best pain relief is for this horrendous problem? I feel at times the pain is so bad I could have a heart attack.

RhiannonsMoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-08-2011, 05:25 AM #2
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Something is not right here....

Have you had your B12 tested? Were you using metformin at all at any time now or in the past? This drug depletes B12.

I'd have that B12 done now, ASAP, and get your result, because typically old lab ranges are still being used showing very low results as "normal" and they are NOT.

I see in your profile, you may be taking other drugs. Sometimes things happen to nutrients with certain drugs, and those need to be increased. Can you tell me what you take?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:46 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi mrsD, I am on vitB12 injections (because of metformin), due for another this Thursday.

Another thing has started to happen in the last 2 days, I am getting numbness in the roof of my mouth, tongue, and down my throat. It's affecting my speech and it's worrying me a little. I will tell the doc when I see her. But any ideas what that could be?

Is it possible that this is part of the PN or part of the epilepsy? Thanks for your reply

RhiannonsMoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:44 AM #4
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

The injections may not be raising your levels adequately. Sometimes that happens.

I'd get retested at least 3 days or more after you last injection to see where you are.

Oral is less expensive, not invasive , and very effective.

Don't assume injections are doing it for you unless you are getting them once a week or more frequently.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote