advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 05:15 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default any ideas

sept 1st 2010 i had a ruptured brain aneurysm and another one that burst when the tool to put in the coils entered it.also i ended up with a drain and valve under the skin that drains off excess blood and cerebro-spinal fluid into my guts to pass as waste.i have bad tremmors get tired very easy and short term memory issues among other things.a 10 year old kid can tell i am messed up from across a room but i was denied for social security disability. i got a lawyer he said something like 535 days before i might hear something this seems crazy to me.my question is ssi as i think i read it has a 5 month waiting period and you must be disabled for 12 months for it to take effect or whatever starts it so if i am unable to work which there can be no doubt of will it kick in sept 1st or not? i am 53 now but will be 54 in august i have worked since i was 15 full time in factorys since 18 now i cant go to the grocery store by myself. why am i only getting 115 a month and not what i paid into for 35 years. this system is crazy i am made to feel like a criminal when i ask for help that is never granted anyway.were it not for my family i would be under a bridge somewhere starved to death by now. thanks for reading this rant i just cant understand why this can be allowed to happen to people i cant get workers comp cause nothing at work caused a brain anneurysm i cant get unemployment because you have to be available to work i cant get more than 115 from welfare because i never needed it before and i dont know how to work the system. complete bull if you ask me.
Red733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-14-2011, 11:16 AM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Suggest that you check out: http://www.ssa.gov/disability/
Mz Migraine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:04 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I don't believe it either

Hello,
I am shocked you didn't receive benefits. But, statistically not many people dop. Also, with the 2010 application it is more difficult to get benefits because you don't have a chance to tell your side of the story. Statistically most people get denied on the intial application, 63% denials.
As for the 500+ days your lawyer mentioned, that's not necessary true. Typically, you will have a reconsideration review within several months to one year depending on the backlog in your state. You could get approved at this review.
In my very humble opinion, I don't trust lawyers to work to get the quickest approval. They get paid more the longer it takes to get your claim approved.
If I were you, I would get copies of all my medical records that prove your disability, doctors, hospital, rehabilitation therapies, etc. and have your doctors write letters describing why your condition prevents you from working. I would also write an attachment that describes how my condition effects daily and work life. Then I would determine who my caseworker is in the office of Disability Determination Services, the agency hired by Social Security to evaluate claims, and mail the copies directly to them. Then notify the lawyers what you did (give them copies too, after the fact).
As for waitin 12 months to get benefits, to be considered disabled your condition must be known to disable you for a minimum of twelve months.
If you are approved at reconsideration quickly and 5 months have past you will get benfits immediately. Actually you get it after the 6th month because SSA pays in the arrears which means you earn it then get paid.
Good luck to you.
Respectfully,
Trudi
Old 07-15-2011, 09:29 AM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default sorry folks

i was angry and frustrated yesterday so i am sorry for the tone of my posting. my sister and mother bought me a wheelchair and delivered it to me because my walking makes everyone nervous and afraid that i am gonna fall at any moment. for me it has been a point of pride that i can walk so i will walk ( with a cane ) i know it is not pretty or gracefull but it is me walking under my own power. i refused to ride the electric carts in stores untill about a month ago because i wanted to leave them for people who were worse than me but i scared a little kid when he saw me walking down the row to look at cereal he ran to his mom and asked what is wrong with that man she told him not to look at me and they left. i have been my own worst enemy on some things because i did not want to admit how messed up i am i thought i could push past this brain injury like a sprained ankle or something but i cant. i have always been a tough guy climbing mountains, scuba diver, harley rider hard worker ect now my butt has been whipped by something i cannot fight aginst i go to phy therapy like i am training for the olyimpics or something i have had to sit on the floor to rest up so i could get to my truck to drive home and sleep. i just get frustrated sometimes. i go into offices for help and i say please and thank you and yes sir or no mam i get nothing but the person that comes in yelling and disrespectfull and throwing a fit gets help my 75 year old mother told me the other day that maybe i should ask around and see if somebody could get me some herion or crack and rub it all over my clothes before i go in because people who mess themselfs up on drugs get treated better than me. i just dont know what to do.
Red733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:26 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am sorry for your discomfort. I believe that with te number of people needing help these days the system is overburden with request. I would make a suggest that you go to your local vocational rehab or your church and get an advocate to help you navigate the system to receive some help while waiting. Please do not get upset it will only delay you getting better. nix the idea your mother gave for that may land you in jail and that is not the kind of help you need. Know that many come with the same story and have made it though. Pray for patience for you will need it and pray for understanding. Good luck and God bless you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red733 View Post
i was angry and frustrated yesterday so i am sorry for the tone of my posting. my sister and mother bought me a wheelchair and delivered it to me because my walking makes everyone nervous and afraid that i am gonna fall at any moment. for me it has been a point of pride that i can walk so i will walk ( with a cane ) i know it is not pretty or gracefull but it is me walking under my own power. i refused to ride the electric carts in stores untill about a month ago because i wanted to leave them for people who were worse than me but i scared a little kid when he saw me walking down the row to look at cereal he ran to his mom and asked what is wrong with that man she told him not to look at me and they left. i have been my own worst enemy on some things because i did not want to admit how messed up i am i thought i could push past this brain injury like a sprained ankle or something but i cant. i have always been a tough guy climbing mountains, scuba diver, harley rider hard worker ect now my butt has been whipped by something i cannot fight aginst i go to phy therapy like i am training for the olyimpics or something i have had to sit on the floor to rest up so i could get to my truck to drive home and sleep. i just get frustrated sometimes. i go into offices for help and i say please and thank you and yes sir or no mam i get nothing but the person that comes in yelling and disrespectfull and throwing a fit gets help my 75 year old mother told me the other day that maybe i should ask around and see if somebody could get me some herion or crack and rub it all over my clothes before i go in because people who mess themselfs up on drugs get treated better than me. i just dont know what to do.
LJackson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote