advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 03:04 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face I have SFN..SCS work?? How so I have another baby?

Hi!!
I am 35 and diagnosed with SFN. I have had this pain in the ***** disease for 4 years now (right after my son was born) oh wait, did I mention it is idopathic SFN (did I spell that right) I am on Lyrica, Ultram, Tramadol and Oxcarbazepine....
I have read forums about the SCS and I see good things about it, but I want to know if it has helped ANYONE with SFN??? I see it has helped people with nueropathy in the legs (feet) from some sort of trauma to the back....
I HATE reading these all these posts and forums and seeing so many people who suffer...there has to be a reason why we all go through this?? Does God have a purpose for us??? I have prayed and prayed and nothing....I get angry sometimes and I do have pity parties.
Thank God I have a healthy son and wonderful husband, it it wasn't for them where would I be?!
Thank you for all your wonderful support and idea's! I have already spoke with a few people who have been great
We all will get through this some way, some how. I am not sure if I have the saying correct but here it goes..

"WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES, ANOTHER ONE OPENS"

Off to pick some blueberries and watch the blue angels!!!

I CAN'T WAIT to hear from some of you
Pizzle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 08-08-2011, 11:17 PM #2
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Since at one time I was suggested a scs I have researched it a lot and also know people with one. I have PN and RSD. I do know 1 person with PN who has it but it does not seem as many for neuropathy as for RSD have it but I could be wrong. In both conditions I think one really has to weigh the pros and cons because often a doctor will suggest this because it makes them a lot of $ but may not be the best for you. There is a chance of spread to the area of placement. The leads often come undone etc. I know some people have had relief but some have had it make things worse. As you probably know they do a temp first. Also it is important to do less invasive treatments before this.
I encourage you to make an apt with an anestesiolgist pain doctor who can give you feedback on this and other procedures.
I agree it is hard to watch and hear others in pain. I feel for everyone here but am so thankful to have gotten such great support. I am not religious so have a hard time feeling this happened for some purpose but if that helps others that is all that is important. I do feel that therapy and support groups/forums can help one battle
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:22 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzle View Post
Hi!!
I am 35 and diagnosed with SFN. I have had this pain in the ***** disease for 4 years now (right after my son was born) oh wait, did I mention it is idopathic SFN (did I spell that right) I am on Lyrica, Ultram, Tramadol and Oxcarbazepine....
I have read forums about the SCS and I see good things about it, but I want to know if it has helped ANYONE with SFN??? I see it has helped people with nueropathy in the legs (feet) from some sort of trauma to the back....
I HATE reading these all these posts and forums and seeing so many people who suffer...there has to be a reason why we all go through this?? Does God have a purpose for us??? I have prayed and prayed and nothing....I get angry sometimes and I do have pity parties.
Thank God I have a healthy son and wonderful husband, it it wasn't for them where would I be?!
Thank you for all your wonderful support and idea's! I have already spoke with a few people who have been great
We all will get through this some way, some how. I am not sure if I have the saying correct but here it goes..

"WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES, ANOTHER ONE OPENS"

Off to pick some blueberries and watch the blue angels!!!

I CAN'T WAIT to hear from some of you
Hi pizzle, I am 35 years old also. I have been experiencing symptoms for 3 months. I am not diagnosed yet. It maybe SFN. I have 2 daughters and a husband. If it wasn't for them, I just don't know. I am so scared right now. Do you work or stay home with your little boy? I am to go back to work soon and very worried about that. I feel like I am letting my family down if I can't work. I don't know much about SCS. I would be nervous about the neuropathy spreading to the back. Thanks for posting. PM me anytime if you need to vent to someone your age. Danielle
drwk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote