advertisement

Old 09-07-2011, 04:53 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default sjorgens ss-b came back positive along with ana screen

i had a blood test 3 weeks ago just got results back today because of vacation of dr. , hurricane induced electrical outages and labor day. ana screen came back positive which means over 10 but no specific nuimber listed. sjorgens ss-b cam out positive at 2.2 with under 1 normal. sjorgens ss-a test came back negative. havent talked to doctor yet, have appointment friday. i know i had these tests years ago and they were negative.
i also had positive tests for muscle enzymes a few weeks back so im sure im in for more testing. if anyone knows what a range of 2.2 means i would appreciate it, i cant find that info online.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-07-2011, 06:10 PM #2
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
i had a blood test 3 weeks ago just got results back today because of vacation of dr. , hurricane induced electrical outages and labor day. ana screen came back positive which means over 10 but no specific nuimber listed. sjorgens ss-b cam out positive at 2.2 with under 1 normal. sjorgens ss-a test came back negative. havent talked to doctor yet, have appointment friday. i know i had these tests years ago and they were negative.
i also had positive tests for muscle enzymes a few weeks back so im sure im in for more testing. if anyone knows what a range of 2.2 means i would appreciate it, i cant find that info online.
I hope this answers some questions for you. I have a highly +ANA, but negative for all the specific diseases, with + lip biopsy. Treating the disease, seemed to have no effect on my neuropathy. My doc just told me that altho I may have SjS, he feels my symptoms relate to additional pathology, over and above SjS. I think I got the motherlode of nasty genes and autoimmune disease. I am starting to wonder about an autoimmune polyendocrine spectrum disease. Alas, my daughter tells me, I will never find the reason. She just went thru a very difficult third trimester with some unexplained itching and then after delivery, horrible skin rash and hives, with elevated liver enzymes. Looking at her now, 6 wks postpartum, she appears to have a lupus rash. Baby had one of the worst candidal diaper rashes, which wouldn't respond to treatment....finally after weeks of nystatin, miconazole et al, it is finally resolving.

Usually the ANA is reported as a ratio, 1:160, up to 1:1,280. ANA Elisa screen is reported as a decimal, with greater than 0.9 being +. With other tests coming back +, I am sure they will do quite a few tests for autoimmunity. This link has some info, but, I suggest doing a net search for other sites and really getting familiar with these tests.

http://labtestsonline.org/understand...s/ana/tab/test

I have found AI disease not all that treatable.

Given your SS-B is +, I would not rule out something else being at the heart of this. I assume they did a test for polymyositis, dermatomyositis, scleroderma, polymyaglia rheumatica etc?

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (09-08-2011)
Old 09-07-2011, 06:23 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclelops View Post
Given your SS-B is +, I would not rule out something else being at the heart of this. I assume they did a test for polymyositis, dermatomyositis, scleroderma, polymyaglia rheumatica etc?

not yet but im sure they are coming. this all came out of nowhere after being tested for muscle enzymes because my legs have locked up a few times. thanks for the information. doesnt seem to be too much that people here with these problems can get treated for.

interesting sidenote, my b 12 was 640 and i take 1000mg a day religiously. the last reading i had was 1200.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:00 AM #4
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Shocked

Sorry to read that you are now testing positive for autoimmune.

That is really a tough and miserable situation.

I would up the B12 to 5mg daily for a while. Perhaps something in your inflammatory situation is gobbling up that B12. Make sure you take on an empty stomach. Puritan's Pride is still having its buy 1 get 2 free sale. This combo sale is the best value they run all year. I trialed their methylcobalamin, and got great blood levels. You can also find it at iherb.com and Swanson's.

By keeping a higher reading, you ensure that the B12 can cross well into the CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) of the spine. B12 then gets to the brain as well.
The lower the B12 reading the slower and the less crosses into that critical area. Two common neuro diseases...Fibromyalgia and multiple sclerosis have shown low B12 in the CSF of patients, for example so far.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (09-08-2011)