advertisement

Old 09-07-2011, 07:13 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile my continuing disibility review

hi folks,i have been collecting ssdi for 15 years for bi-polar,depression..i have had 3 reviews includeing the latest one during that time.got on ssdi in 1996 then had my first review in 1999,the 2nd in 2004,and now the latest one in 2011.social security sent me a form to fill out as part of the review.it had about 10 questions on it asking me about my health and how my disibility keeps me from working.one of the most important questions that they ask on the form and probably the one that they will use to determine if iam still disabled is has my health improved to the point where i can return to work.i answered no.about 2 weeks after i sent in the form to social security i received a letter from them that reads as follows...recently we sent you a letter saying that we were going to review your disibility.however we do not need to review your case at this time we will contact you later if we need to review your disibility case..i think that this might have to do with the fact that i have not worked in a long time,my health has not improved and that iam over 50 years of age.i heard from others who are collecting ssdi and over the age of 50 that once you have been collecting benefits for a while and are age 50 or older that social security cuts you some slack as far as the cdr reviews are concerned..seems to be the case with me..
gilbert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-08-2011, 01:27 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was approved at age 52 and went through the short CDR's at ages 55 and 58. I was due for another one when I turned 61 last year and but still haven't received anything. I figure they're tied up with new applications and can't get to me yet. When I'm regular SS retirement age, I guess they'll stop coming after me. Until then, I keep all my records updated--MD receipts, calendar showing all appointments and lab tests, trips to hospital, etc. I also have rough draft letters for the two pertinent doctors with "suggestions" on salient points they should address--not simply, this patient is disabled. It ain't over 'til it's over!
BDII - PA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote