advertisement

Old 09-13-2011, 11:46 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default All Natural diet with Neuropathy

Has any one ever been on an all "natural" diet while having peripheral neuropathy? All natural being no preservatives, no "high fructose corn syrup, or other bad items...
Ed A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-13-2011, 11:56 AM #2
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I have done the Zone diet for years.

I gave up all fructose (except for one orange a day) 3 yrs ago.

I rarely use sugar. We don't eat many processed foods.

Mostly we eat veggies, and various kinds of protein. Some oatmeal,
low sugar Ketchup, low sugar salad dressings, etc. I eat nuts, for snacks. Carbmaster yogurt, 2% cottage cheese, etc. I tend to favor Barilla Plus pasta, but only once a week or so.

Some of the Nature Valley bars are all natural.

I do avoid MSG at all costs. We don't eat out much, but I will not give up my Pizza.

Getting rid of too much salt, all MSG, and sugar, are the biggies for me. Some people may also need to go gluten free, to see if that is causing their PN symptoms.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:20 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am on an all natural diet, for different reasons, but it has to be helping my neuropathy too. The only processed foods I use are Ocean Spray 100% juice, no sugar added, my decaf coffee, and my Truvia...otherwise, everything else is all natural. I can't have dairy, so I make my own almond milk, the only sugar in my diet is the natural sugars in the food themselves, and such. I have a very limited list of foods I can eat and am doing very well with this new lifestyle. I lost 95# nearly 1 year ago and have kept it all off, so I feel I am doing very good.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (09-14-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 08:18 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

"I can't have dairy," neither can I it does awful things to my insides However I have just discovered home made goats milk yoghurt and I have lactose intolerance. goats milk is the closest to human milk so easy to digest. not sure if dairy intolerant and lactose are the same though.

I struggle with MSG here in Thailand. Problem is they tell you anything you want to hear as long as they get the money.
zorro1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:45 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm lactose intolerant too... I can have some cheese... no ice cream unless I have some Lactaid/Daily Ease or equivalent... even then, I still can have problems...
Ed A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:00 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default No lactose for me either !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed A View Post
I'm lactose intolerant too... I can have some cheese... no ice cream unless I have some Lactaid/Daily Ease or equivalent... even then, I still can have problems...
I am pretty much the same, except I don't take any meds (Lactaid/Daily Ease) for it... I just avoid these items.

It is hard, and about once every three months I break down and have some ice cream. I drink Soy Milk. I avoid MSG also! Causes headaches! I also do not eat ANY artificial sweeteners!

Peripheral Neuropathy Since 2004
Learning to give my mind and body the care and feeding it needs to serve me to the fullest, so I can continue to be here with my family and friends.
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote