advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 04:06 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default burning all over

Does anyone else experience burning all over? If you do is it for sure a neuronopathy?
drwk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-27-2011, 09:19 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwk View Post
Does anyone else experience burning all over? If you do is it for sure a neuronopathy?
So, no one can relate to pain in all parts of the body? Please let me know if you do.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:26 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi

I have strong painful prickling pins and needles pain all over lately. Not a nice feeling at all. Sometimes I take codeine and panadol 15mg. Sometimes I take voltaren. Sometimes the pain goes away after a while or changes characteristics. Mostly I learned to live with it. I have PN for 6.5 years of which almost 3 years I was in remission until a car accident this past March jarred my spine and triggered it all over again.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:52 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
I have strong painful prickling pins and needles pain all over lately. Not a nice feeling at all. Sometimes I take codeine and panadol 15mg. Sometimes I take voltaren. Sometimes the pain goes away after a while or changes characteristics. Mostly I learned to live with it. I have PN for 6.5 years of which almost 3 years I was in remission until a car accident this past March jarred my spine and triggered it all over again.
Thanks Aussie for commenting. Do you have symptoms in your abdomen and back. I am so scared that mine is spreading so quickly. Thanks a lot!
Old 09-28-2011, 01:46 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwk View Post
Thanks Aussie for commenting. Do you have symptoms in your abdomen and back. I am so scared that mine is spreading so quickly. Thanks a lot!
It spread to every centimetre of my body. It's painful small fibre. I have had it 6.5 years. It never killed me. It spread and then it got better. I was almost normal for 3 years. As I said I was in a car accident this past March and got wiplash and other spinal issues and I had a strong inflammatory response which triggered a painful flare that comes and goes. Since I am on a few prescription meds for other things (non neuropathy related), I am hesitant to commit to more drugs for the PN. Yes I pop a painpill when it goes over 5/6 on pain scale. But mainly I just have learned to live with it. I find when I am really thinking about it, it hurts more. So I occupy myself with things like work,reading,cooking,cleaning, exercise,family,friends, and the more occupied I am the less time I worry about my pain. Clean up your diet, examine the meds you are on, get exercise,get sleep, mediate, and look after yourself and find a doctor you really trust. I don't know what the cause of your PN is, and I still dont have a verdict on mine just a theory. But mine was self limiting. It didn't kill me and I am still leading a normal life although I am in pain sometimes.

Aussie
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zorrro13 (09-28-2011)
Old 09-28-2011, 06:53 AM #6
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I certainly experienced--

--body wide burning during the most severe phase of what was apparently a monophasic small-fiber post-infectious molecular mimicry event. It lasted for some years, though the most severe symptoms cropped up in the days after it started on April 12 2003 and plateaued approximately 3-4 months later, then slowly--very slowly--began to recede.

Such an acute onset generally implies an autoimmune or toxic event, though this can happen in some metabolic situations.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote