advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 09:09 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PN pain in abdomen?

saw neurologist for first time this week. told her i've have pain in toes, fingers, etc., usual stuff, but also in my abdominal wall. when i have this pain i can't stand up straight. she looked at me like i was speaking french. anyone else had this pain? i got sjogrens diagnosis in 1996, trigeminal neuralgia in 2007. now looks like peripheral neuropathy. anyone know about autoimmune sensory neurontisis (ganglioneuritis)?
FrancineAK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-30-2011, 04:25 AM #2
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question

When my husband had shingles, he had terrible abdominal pain and pain in his back also. His whole left front abdomen above the waist was broken out with the blisters too.

Some people may just get the pain and no blisters. This fact seems to elude some doctors.

Did you have chicken pox as a child or in the past?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:10 AM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Neuronopathy--

--or ganglioneuritis can present in a non-length dependent manner, meaning the longer nerves in the extremities may not necessarily be affected first; in fact, nerve tracts that lead to the face or the body (abdomen, back, etc.) may well be involved. The autoimmune attack seems directed more at the cell bodies in the ganglia than at structures of the of the fibers.

See:

http://neuromuscular.wustl.edu/antibody/sneuron.html

Last edited by glenntaj; 10-01-2011 at 06:58 AM.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (09-30-2011)
Old 09-30-2011, 02:58 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancineAK View Post
saw neurologist for first time this week. told her i've have pain in toes, fingers, etc., usual stuff, but also in my abdominal wall. when i have this pain i can't stand up straight. she looked at me like i was speaking french. anyone else had this pain? i got sjogrens diagnosis in 1996, trigeminal neuralgia in 2007. now looks like peripheral neuropathy. anyone know about autoimmune sensory neurontisis (ganglioneuritis)?
Francine, I have had some pain in my stomach also. It will last for a couple days, but I also have burning also. I have it in my back also with the feet. My hands and arms are not as bad. I am not sure caused mine,but I had an infection in my back and could of gotten it from it. I have researched ganglioneutritis and saw it is connected to Sjogrens. How is your pain level and what meds are you taking if any? I am taking Gabapentin. It helps, but when it flares it is not good. I have all read that small fiber neuropathy cam spread also through the whole body. I am not sure what I have. Take care!
drwk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:40 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have pain in abdomen. I also have pain in other areas of body like legs and arms. The pain was most noticeable in abdomen. It has not affected standing that much yet. In fact, it hurts for me to sit. It feels like I have needles sewn in the lining of clothing. The needles are on horizontal plane to my body. Then when I sit it feels like they are on a vertical plane and that hurts.

I have had shingles twice if that has anything to do with it.

I am on 2400 mg gabapentin plus Lubiderm pain patch. So far, Dx is PN.
januarybabe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:27 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancineAK View Post
I had pain about a year and a half ago. It was painful to walk too much, and it sometimes moved around. I went to 2 GIs, had a CT scan, upper endoscopy and they couldn't find a reason for the pain. I was finally told it was probably just colon spasm & they suggested I take Align. By then the pain had pretty much subsided. I was just diagnosed with B12 deficiency a few months ago after I asked for the test when they couldn't diagnose 2 bad loss of balance spells. I have a whole list of neurological symptoms that I am just now discovering could have been a sign of B12 deficiency. None of the Dr caught it. I have read that GI issues are a sign of B12 deficiency. I also went to a neuro for the first time & he didn't seem to know much about it.

Sorry for the long winded response, it's frustrating dealing with doctors. So, my answer would be yes, it's possible that the pain could be neurological. In my case it just kind of went away by itself in a few months but I am sure everyone is different. Many of my neuro issues come & go without warning.
Westgrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote