Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 10:18 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default The Power of Positivity

I just took a class this past weekend on Healing Touch so that i could learn first how to self-heal, and then to be able to heal my patients when i return to work. I had an amazing self-awakening and started to listen to stories of others who had truly believed they would feel better, and sure enough....they did! So i've been doing daily breathing exercises, and some simple hands on technique on different areas of our natural energy and the results have been very encouraging!!

I am on day 2 of truly believing and knowing i can heal myself and be pain -free. Both days have been the most refreshing and pain-free i've experienced since my accident 6 months ago. I'm reading "You can Heal your life" by Louise Hay. Give it a shot and try reading it and see if you have a similar experience in your recovery! The next book that was suggested to me was "The Spontaneous Healing of Belief" by Gregg Braden.

The power of positive thinking.....i'm giving it a shot!! Because every other day i have believed i would have a headache....i had a headache! So now, i am balancing my energies, thinking positively and knowing my pain doesnt serve a purpose to me anymore. I am still resting at home and taking it easy though. I know better than to push my self too far!
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (11-06-2011), ginnie (11-10-2011), Nolefan (11-06-2011), SpaceCadet (11-10-2011)

advertisement
Old 11-09-2011, 06:57 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm now a week into thinking positively, doing healing touch, and focusing on self-healing and i feel amazing! Just saw my neurologist today and she said i look like a whole new person!!! She verified that she has TBI patients receiving Healing Touch and that they are healing faster than her other patients. She is 100% in agreement that the change i'm taking in my attitude towards my health and my recovery is whats helping me heal!
I think the combination of Acupuncture, Healing Touch, Positive thinking, faith and hope, weekly meetings with a therapist, B12 and B6 shots, B complex vitamins, wheatgrass and veggie supplement, multivitamin, lots of physical and cognitive rest, and nortriptyline for my headaches has been a great treatment regimen.
Feeling unbelievably hopeful and optimistic.....just 5 weeks ago i felt like i was in this deep dark depressive hole and couldnt get out....and now everything has changed!
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:24 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Nightnurse : Great to hear you are improving so fast. Can I get the healing touch therapy and what is the official name of it? Thanks in advance.
pcslife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nightnurse30 (11-09-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 10:31 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcslife View Post
Nightnurse : Great to hear you are improving so fast. Can I get the healing touch therapy and what is the official name of it? Thanks in advance.
Try looking on the Healing Touch International website. I believe there are a list of practicioners who practice it. Healing Touch International certifies nurses in this extensive training program to practice energy healing. Its to be used in conjunction with whatever your doctor prescribes....it helps the process of recovery. Its biofield energy healing. Similar to Reiki, and also uses same chakra systems and meridians that Acupuncture works with.

My hospital has an Integrative Medicine Program where we have acupuncturists, Healing Touch practicioners, massage therapists, etc. So a patient can request a treatment while they are in the hospital from those whose job is specifically just to do that....or if their nurses is going through the various levels of training, their nurse can give a treatment. My ICU has 5 nurses currently training for Healing Touch....I've seen some pretty amazing results and as a patient myself....when you have a 10/10 icepick headache, and someone starts doing Healing Touch on you and drops your pain down to a 2 or even a 0....you are a believer.

Try this link to look for one in your area. Here in California, i saw the list has hundreds of practitioners. Oh wait, just saw you are in DC....it lists 2 healing touch practitioners in your area, one is a nurse as well. Good luck!

http://www.healingtouchinternational...224&Itemid=429
Old 11-10-2011, 10:12 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you very much. I sure has to look into these things. I tried Acupuncture before and not much success. I guess I need to the find the right therapist. The Hospital I go to also has Integrative medicine.

My new Neurologist is a strong believer in Yoga, Tai Chi etc., and try his best not to drug me. I am also going for Vision Therapy once a week and it helps temporarily.

I am a believer but as my Brain Injury Services support member told - Try everything but be cautiously optimistic. I have to include may be healing touch, acupuncture, Neurofeedback again?

Thanks again.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:14 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Thank you very much. I sure has to look into these things. I tried Acupuncture before and not much success. I guess I need to the find the right therapist. The Hospital I go to also has Integrative medicine.

My new Neurologist is a strong believer in Yoga, Tai Chi etc., and try his best not to drug me. I am also going for Vision Therapy once a week and it helps temporarily.

I am a believer but as my Brain Injury Services support member told - Try everything but be cautiously optimistic. I have to include may be healing touch, acupuncture, Neurofeedback again?

Thanks again.
I also am doing twice daily chakra connection on myself. I think i have a slight advantage because i also took the class and learning to heal myself. So everyday i get the benefit of healing touch. Healing Touch is very similar to Reiki....use same principles. So if you find a good intro to Reiki book, you an learn the techniques yourself as well. Funny because i also started acupuncture initially after my TBI and was so discouraged, I gave up. 5 months after my TBI I started acupuncture again and have been going for past 5 weeks and see a major difference in how i feel by doing it in conjunction with the healing touch.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:16 PM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Interesting about the acupuncture. I should give it a shot again. Even with vision therapy I went to some other developmental optometrist and didn't see any benefit but now I can feel the difference.

I have been doing meditation on and off for 2 decades. Now I do it everyday and it helps. Gradually I have to include other therapies too. Seems like you are very educated in all these and once you recover you will be a great help to the world (especially to TBI/PCS sufferers).

You live in one of the nicest cities which I always wanted to visit. I been to Frisco and LA few times but not to San Diego. It is getting cold here in D.C. and looks like going to be a harsh winter.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:53 PM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Interesting about the acupuncture. I should give it a shot again. Even with vision therapy I went to some other developmental optometrist and didn't see any benefit but now I can feel the difference.

I have been doing meditation on and off for 2 decades. Now I do it everyday and it helps. Gradually I have to include other therapies too. Seems like you are very educated in all these and once you recover you will be a great help to the world (especially to TBI/PCS sufferers).

You live in one of the nicest cities which I always wanted to visit. I been to Frisco and LA few times but not to San Diego. It is getting cold here in D.C. and looks like going to be a harsh winter.
It really is a beautiful city. Definetly cant beat the steady climate year round. My hospital sits on a bluff overlooking the ocean, so we get to see the sunset into the ocean....its breathtaking!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:30 PM #9

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow, very awesome. I'm glad you were able to find a routine that works for you.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nightnurse30 (11-10-2011)
Old 11-10-2011, 04:38 PM #10
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default hello night nurse

what a wonderful post to have here. the power of positive thought. The power of human touch when given with compassion goes a long way toward healing. combine them, you are so right, they do help. thank you for posting that. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nightnurse30 (11-10-2011)