Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 06:21 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart seven months later/new symptoms

hey everyone!

maybe you remember me. I had a TBI back in april (clear CT/MRI) and was posting quite a lot earlier this year. it's been a rough year to say the least. my symptoms started subsiding after I decided to quit taking ativan back in july (and after going through an awful withdrawal phase) but certain symptoms still persisted like tinnitus and headaches.

for a little back-story to my situation now, I was in japan working in january but had to leave unexpectedly after the earthquake/tsunami on march 11th. it left me with a ton of depression and anxiety and thus, going out drinking more/hitting my head. well it turns out that I was able to get my job back so I returned to japan again in late september and I'm here now. things had been going pretty well aside from some minor headaches. I actually felt healthy and almost like my old self again.. until the day I experienced my first aura, during work, and I had three auras consecutively for three days after that. two of the auras were followed by migraines. I went to the hospital and was properly diagnosed with scintillating scotoma/aura migraine with no further treatment. It's been about two weeks, and since then I've had one more migraine with aura followed by twitching for an entire day afterward. I'm constantly in fear of another aura, and I've developed some "floaters" in my vision field that haven't gone away.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and could offer any help to me. I'm thinking about returning to the US to see my neurologist but I don't know if it's worth it. I think all of this is caused by me returning to full time work too soon and not getting enough sleep while overworking my body (you do a LOT of walking through train stations in tokyo). I've tried calling my neurologist to ask his opinion but for one thing he never helps me much and anyway the time difference makes it difficult. Any words of comfort or assistance would be greatly appreciated xo.
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-15-2011, 03:09 PM #2
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear you are still struggling.

I had floaters and had the ophthalmologist check them out. He said they were normal and that likely I noticed them more due to anxiety. He did say that if they ever appeared red in color, to get to a doctor immediately.

I still have the same floaters. I just don't pay attention to them anymore.

Your fear of another aura can be raising your awareness of your floaters. Check online for help understanding floaters. There are lots of web sites that explain them.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:04 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Strawberry, you are right to think you went back to work too soon. I think I did too and I'm going to tell my boss this now.

I'm 3 months after my own injury in August, to the day and my symptoms have returned with a vengeance.
bh_pcs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote