Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 02:32 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default talk about stress..my son just had surgery..in hosp 2 weeks with him

my son has had intestinal issues for the past 10 years...and to make a long story short he had surgery and a 2 1/2 week stay in the hosp. I stayed with him day and night. Talk about stressful...watch your child go thru a 4 hour operation and in intense pain.

So..how did I get thru this with minimal headaches...yet when my husband relieved me the other day and told me to go get some fresh air, I went shopping. Sure enough, the next morning headaches increased. We took him home last night and I could barely sleep...that weird somber in and out all night.

I just don't get it? Does adreneline kick in and when things calm down the pain comes back?

I'm at 14 months with this stupid concussion and don't know what end is up! When I watch too much tv I feel awful, when I go out to the stores, awful, my head hurts when I'm talking too much. I just don't get it!

Or are these headaches what the doctor calls "a deep rooted anxiety that manifested itself" really what it is?

I just don't know anymore!!

any thoughts here??
wtrpk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-21-2011, 04:48 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

At 10 months out, I have the same question. If I have to, I can push push push, but I'll pay for it later. Yet, when I don't have to push, even little things get to me. It seems especially troublesome with their is an emotional stress component to it. Like if I feel obligated to do something that I know is going to be bad for me, I push through anyway, but pay for it later. But when I'm pushing through things are fine. It's after that's terrible. Yet some days, I can't even get through the small things....

Makes it hard to know when I can try working again or finishing Grad school....
SmilinEyesMs305 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:36 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I wrote a post on that exact same thing...I don't know what is too much and what isn't enough.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:34 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wtrpk....so sorry to hear about your son, hope he is doing much better. I can't even imagine how stressful that was and I would guess that we do rise to the challenge when we have to. Try to take care of yourself as best as you can and keep us posted on things.
musiclover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:06 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

He is the most remarkable brave 14 yr old boy ever. He was thru so much...ng tube put down his nose to his stomach 3 times, iv's, bloodwork, cat scans, barium enema scan...etc...it was awful but watching him rise to the situation was amazing. I am so proud of him. He truly is a inspiration. And here I am complaining of headaches for 14 months...made me realize I need to just do what I can and sit tight and let myself heal. I'm a mom and that is my most important job right now...making him comfortable and taken care of...and lots of lovin!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (11-22-2011)