advertisement

Old 11-22-2011, 01:28 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default claim review doctors at social security disibility

hello folks,i recently read a article in the wall street journal that i thought anybody on this forum trying to get on ssdi would find interesting.it's rather lengthy so bare with me here....article is titled"claim review doctors at social security disibility are over-worked,under-qualified,and under-paid..if you have recieved a claim denial letter from social security you are familier with the language used in these denial letters.we have determined that your condition is not severe enough to be considered disabling under our rules.in deciding this,we considered the medical records,your statements,and how your condition affects your ability to work.doctors and other people in the state agency who are trained in disibility evaluation reviewed the evidence and made the determination based on social security law and regulations.now it turns out that these doctors and other people are not so well trained nor is it likely that they spent more than a few minutes reviewing your file.an article in today's wall street journal entitiled"DOCTORS REVOLT SHAKES DISIBILITY PROGRAM!...the journal describes a system where social security administrators are pressing consulting physicians to work faster and to process more files to deal with a growing claims back-up...
gilbert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mz Migraine (11-22-2011)

advertisement
Old 11-22-2011, 05:22 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert View Post
hello folks,i recently read a article in the wall street journal that i thought anybody on this forum trying to get on ssdi would find interesting.
I went over to their website & those fools want $1.99 per week to subscribe!
Thank you for posting the article for those of us who are too cheap.
Very interesting indeed.

P.S. Your post was very hard to read. Each sentence ran into each other as there was no capitalizations or indentations.
Mz Migraine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:41 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Everything that is done by the government is done so by way of cheap & fast, which means it will have to be redone at least once or twice, costing triple the original cost. Qualified? that is another issue.

I stand by my own saying that "If everybody could just do their job, things wouldn't be so half a**ed." But you see, it is the blame game, I wasn't trained, they did not have enough funds to properly train me, if they paid a truly qualified person they could only have one person doing the job instead of three or four. Most everybody just shows up for a paycheck these days. What ever happened to good old fashioned honest work? It went out the window with the employees taking to long trying to do their jobs!

Vicious circle, and if you didn't have anxiety before, you probably do now!

Live, Laugh, Love~
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:27 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good for five more days:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...+revolt+shakes
BDII - PA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mz Migraine (11-25-2011)