Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 09:38 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default how did your thanksgiving go... better/worse than expected

well I'm curious to hear from everyone. Tell me about your day

I started out making pie and cookies (after making breakfast for the kids). I wiped out..was so exhausted after lunch had to lay down from 1 to 2pm. I took a shower and got ready to go to my sister's house.

There were about 15 of us...(kids and adults...youngest being 10 yrs old...so no babies or toddlers running around anymore)

while at dinner, I started feeling the overwhelming feeling of everyone talking at once...it got louder and my head sort of felt dizzy. I had no problems understanding anything..nothing like that...just felt weird. I found myself just listening to everyone and not really chimming in with the conversations. I put my earplugs in as to tone it down.

I chose to stand at the sink and do the dishes for an hour...figured that was better than being in the mist of the commotion....and was helping my sister.

Left after a few hours...head didn't hurt as much as I expected, but I didn't feel right.

When we got home I wasn't tired, but felt wound up and knew I wouldn't get to sleep so I took half an ambien and called it a day.

Woke up a little more off balance, but no real head pain....thankfully.

Thinking back...last year was a disaster...felt awful for days after...had to wear sunglasses and had my father rubbing my neck and head! So, in the scheme of it...I may not feel right, but better than a year ago.
wtrpk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SmilinEyesMs305 (11-30-2011)

advertisement
Old 11-26-2011, 05:34 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Not too bad on my end either. No vertigo on the right side for over a week so that's a plus. Waiting on the left to stop and I'll be one happy gal.

I cooked this year. First time in a long time but had help. Got tired of course and headachey about half way thru. Sat and rested and waited it out. Went to the living room with my Mom for a little peace and quiet.

All in all-not too bad, and better than I expected!
tamisue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:49 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Traveled this year, which was huge. Just as wtrpk said, a year ago at this time I was a month into pcs and not in good shape. I know my body will need to recover this week, but I am thankful for the few good days I had
musiclover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:17 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Very uneventful, which with PCS is pretty good. Though I did get depressed on Saturday and Sunday. The most I did Thursday and Friday was watch Netflix. Did more of the same the next two days looking after my son and played some video games. I was wiped after all that.

One of the most boring Thanksgivings ever. But I survived.
bh_pcs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:10 PM #5
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Re: thanksgiving

I had a quiet thanksgiving with just five people. All of you were there with me in my prayers as I sat down. I have alot to be thankful for. After that good dinner, we went to a small city park to go birdwatching. We walked some of that dinner off, and saw no birds, but did see an alligator in Phillipee Creek, which is real close to human population. Found wild tangerines, and lots of beauitiful woods. I spent alot of time, in the quiet of those woods, again thinking about all the people I have met here. Ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:43 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I scaled down the day after my fiasco at my aunt's bday party. I did the cooking but just turkey, gravy, and a cake. Very basic. My sister and nephew came by. I did pretty good. I did lose the birthday candles to the cake and I did forget that I had mashed potatoes in the microwave. I asked my sister the same questions a few times....

I was very tired after that. I watched the Cowboys and then continued to just relax. I have alot to be thankful for so I did reflect on that as well.
xxxxcrystalxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote