Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 11-27-2011, 01:09 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default healing touch

nightnurse...can you explain at all how to do some techniques from healing touch that might help us? even if its one or two little things that might make a difference?
wtrpk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-27-2011, 06:49 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtrpk View Post
nightnurse...can you explain at all how to do some techniques from healing touch that might help us? even if its one or two little things that might make a difference?
I'm sorry, i really cant put it into words on a website to explain it, theres way too much to write. But you can read about it on their website at Healing Touch International or take a class on it, or try reading a book that explains some of the techniques. Try a book on Reiki....very similar principles....except Healing Touch is something a nurse can be certified in and recognized in the hospital. Thats how i started, i read a book on Reiki and energy healing.

I just worked on a friend of mine who had a subarachnoid hemorrhage and has PCS from a concussion and she had a headache when i started and it was gone afterwards! I was so excited for her! I gave an informal teaching lesson to her and showed her how to do it, but it took hours. So you can imagine, writing all this down is a books worth of info!
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:35 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have also a backround in energy healing (I'm a Reiki 2, also BPI graduate), though a different style from Nightnurse. While Nightnurse if absolutely correct that it would take a while learning the theory (classes, seminars, and even coursework), there are some relatively simple things you can try right away.

Assuming you're comfortable with the concept of auras, the energy field that surrounds all living things (feel the Force, Luke!), try rubbing your hands together for a couple seconds, then use your open hands to "feel" the region around your patient's body. In this method you never have to physically touch your patient. See if you can feel any kind of sensation near areas where there might be disease or pathology (I feel a distinct tingling in my palms.) Then imagine your hands "smoothing" out the energy field.

You will be surprised how much you can pick up this way. I have correctly detected a person with a toothache (they asked me what part of their body was in pain, and gave no other clues), and numerous bad backs. Most of the time, the backaches immediately went away using this technique. It doesn't matter if the subject believes in this kind of therapy or not. I've gotten quite a number of surprised expressions.

You should be surprised how much you can do without training or formal initiation (which some systems like Reiki require). Good luck!
Kenjhee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nightnurse30 (10-07-2012)
Old 11-27-2011, 08:23 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

can you do this on yourself??

Can you recommend any specific books?
Old 11-27-2011, 10:21 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtrpk View Post
can you do this on yourself??

Can you recommend any specific books?
Sure, you can try on yourself. But no guarantees. For some reason I have had reasonable success healing others, little to no success on myself. Also relatively little success having others so skilled work on me. I think this has to do more with me, as a somewhat special case, vs. the effectiveness in general of energy healing.

I'm sure there are books out there, don't know of any off hand. I learned from classes in a psychic institute and seminars.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:09 AM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree with what Kenjhee is saying. Since i took my Level 1 class, i bought a massage table and offer treatments to all my friends. 2 examples... i did a treatment on my old Trainer. Think of a muscular guy who lives in the gym...he was studying for the law bar and failed. He was very frustrated and down on himself, so i suggested a relaxation treatment. He had never heard of energy healing, but i gave him a brief description.

I did a 45 min treatment on him, and afterwards he was basically speechless. I told him my assessment, i found problems on his right knee, his shoulder and his head. The next day, i called to see how he felt, and he said he had the best sleep of his life, his knee feels like it never hurt him before, and he didnt tell me all this, but had a sinus problem for past 3 years, that randomly didnt need his sinus meds today because i fixed it. Believe or not....it works. He said he wants to pay for once weekly treatments and he's referring me to 5 other people. I said that i enjoy seeing the smile on someones face and thats payment enough....im just a student learning this technique right now and enjoying all its benefits.

last night, a girlfriend of mine already had the pleasure of experiencing one of my treatments and she wanted her husband (who is much younger) to experience it. He was willing to give it a shot. He is 24 years old, in the Navy and about to deploy in 2 weeks. I gave him a very deep treatment to prepare him for his deployment....when i was done, i asked how he felt, he said that it was the most amazing thing he has felt in his whole life. He said he didnt want it to end. He didnt tell me that he had intestinal issues, but i told him i felt areas in his stomach that were "off". today he said he was so relaxed, happy, and at peace with himself. He called all his friends and relatives to tell them about Healing Touch. When my friend told me all this, i was so happy to hear he had such a positive experience.

Try a book on introduction to Reiki and see if that helps. But i would honestly suggest taking a lil vacation to wherever you can find a healing touch class (lots of them in southern califonia, and colorado), and try it for yourself to learn the techniques and get a proper introduction and instruction on how to use it in your life. I have seen a husband and wife take it together to learn how to help each other. The class i was in, people came from far away to take it and learn. It has changed their whole lives, so why not?

Im about a month out from taking my first class and practicing everyday and im honestly, a new person. Everyone tells me it. Im the happiest ive been in my whole life, im complete, im experiencing pain free days, and im no longer in a fog. Its pretty amazing. Cant believe how miserable i was 2 months ago, how desperate and sad and lost i felt.....and all thats changed. Im soooooo positive, happy, and living a normal life. Drove 4 hours to Santa Barbara for Thanksgiving and home 4 hours....went to see a movie tonight at the movie theatre....and yes.....no headaches. I tolerated all of this just fine. Things that used to set me off, no longer do! Its a wonderful life!
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:50 PM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

www.healingtouchinternational.org

This is the link to find a practicioner in your area. They have their email address so that you can contact them and set up a healing touch session. Im sure there will be someone in your area. It also has info on what healing touch is, and links to resources and self care forms.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:21 PM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, Nightnurse! I wanted to add one thing, a warning for anyone who tries something like this on other people. There is a danger. Not for the patient, but for the practitioner. The danger is using your own energy to heal another person. The number 1 mistake is giving up your own healing energy to heal other people. This is very common, especially for those just starting out. You get all excited when you find out this stuff actually works, which is great, but in your enthusiasm you find yourself becoming an "out-of-control" healer. Even healing people who don't want a healing.

Your own healing energy is only meant for one person- you. If you give it all away, while it's very noble, guess what, you've got none for yourself, and you open yourself up to dis-ease and health problems.

Proper energy healing systems use outside energies. There is plenty of such energy in the universe. You only use your energy to direct this outside energy, or the subject's own healing force. Reiki, for example, requires you to be initiated to begin channeling a special life-force energy at an unusual frequency (actually, they call it "attunement", like you're tuning a radio). The point is that you are using an outside force, not your own.

If you're only using it on yourself, then fine, of course. But if you decide to try healing others, keep in mind the warning on using any of your own energy for healing.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:03 PM #9

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjhee View Post
Thanks, Nightnurse! I wanted to add one thing, a warning for anyone who tries something like this on other people. There is a danger. Not for the patient, but for the practitioner. The danger is using your own energy to heal another person. The number 1 mistake is giving up your own healing energy to heal other people. This is very common, especially for those just starting out. You get all excited when you find out this stuff actually works, which is great, but in your enthusiasm you find yourself becoming an "out-of-control" healer. Even healing people who don't want a healing.

Your own healing energy is only meant for one person- you. If you give it all away, while it's very noble, guess what, you've got none for yourself, and you open yourself up to dis-ease and health problems.

Proper energy healing systems use outside energies. There is plenty of such energy in the universe. You only use your energy to direct this outside energy, or the subject's own healing force. Reiki, for example, requires you to be initiated to begin channeling a special life-force energy at an unusual frequency (actually, they call it "attunement", like you're tuning a radio). The point is that you are using an outside force, not your own.

If you're only using it on yourself, then fine, of course. But if you decide to try healing others, keep in mind the warning on using any of your own energy for healing.
Very funny that you wrote this because this was the exact warning i got from my instructors because of my head injury. They said to make sure that i am not using up all my energy when doing treatments. So ive been very mindful in the beginning to only treat myself and as i began to feel better, i started treating others as well as myself. Right now i have bronchitis and have had to turn down friends who are requesting treatments because i cant use up the energy i have for my own healing. My suggestion for trying this is meant only for the PCS patients who need to learn how to heal themselves. Definetly not suggesting people learn it to practice on others, just self healing at this point. I obviously, as a nurse, am learning to incorporate into my nursing practice as well.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:38 PM #10

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

nightnurse...other than the bronchitis..when are you considering going back to work?