Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 11-27-2011, 10:16 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Waking up feeling lost and confused? Very scary.

I've been having some mornings where I wake up feeling completely lost and confused. Not remembering what happened the day before or what I'm supposed to do that day. It's very disturbing. 2 days ago I had to lay in bed for about 30 minutes to recollect everything and realize what was going on. This morning I woke up and had the worst feeling ever. I felt like I was completely lost, thought I had amnesia or Alzheimers or something. Anyone have days like that? Just don't wanna feel alone on this.

5 months since my injury, 2 months since the symptoms of PCS first started.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-28-2011, 01:36 AM #2
orfray

orfray

Feeling like this upon awakening is normal for someone with derealization. I have just come out of derealization after 3 months. In early August, I hit my head on a metal support beam. If I had a concussion at all, it was very mild. No symptoms of concussion, however, I was derealized 5 days later, setting off 3 months of feeling barely alive. I too would have to lay in bed for an hour because of the feeling; I'd forget most of the day before, even what day it was. Even now I cannot accept the 3 months I've just had. I needed answers, but no one could give them to me. I believed that was what it felt like to have brain damage. I was so wrong. Don't accept that feeling, it's not your own. It goes away once you stop fearing it. Trust me. If you keep fearing how you feel, it will last longer. It is also normal to feel as if you haven't woken up properly. I hope my advice helps you. - Jess (19 from Australia).
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (11-28-2011)
Old 11-28-2011, 01:51 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, this has been very helpful. It's so scary though. I'm staying with my mom right now during my recovery and when I woke up I was crying...I told her to check me in to a mental hospital. It was that bad. As I did research on derealization and wrote about what I'm feeling on here, it started to fade away. I won't lie it's still lingering a bit but it's getting better.

Thanks again
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote