Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 12-02-2011, 05:23 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Not sure if its Post Concussion from Jan 2010

Hello All,

I'm new here and what happened to me actually began in January 2010.

I was out snowmobiling one night and rolled the snow machine, in doing so I had to jump from it to keep it rolling over me. Now when I hit the ground I did so flush on the front of my body, I'm not exactly certain if or how I hit my head, but I'm sure it got rattled.

When I got up I was winded, felt panic and was in sort of a weird dream like state. Anyway, I got out of there after turning the sled over and drove away, about a week later I was driving home from work and I felt this tingling in my left leg, I thought that was weird, a little later I got this swirling sensation in my stomach and it felt like the pit of it dropped out suddenly.

When I got home, I was having supper when suddenly I began to feel anxious or nervous, it was so weird, then suddenly I felt this strange CRAWLING sensation in my legs, it worked it way up from my feet and eventually overtook how I felt in my whole body, I became somewhat dazed and disorented and was having trouble speaking as I was begining to panic, I had this weird heavy pressure on me that I couldnt shake.

I went to the hospital and they checked me out, they said I had a panic attack, they gave me a Lorazepam and sent me home.

First of all this is only the begining of this story, but what I would like to know is does this sound like a Post Concussion setting in.

I will offer this, that as of today I am suffering from anxiety, nightmares, anxiousness, PTS type stuff, the left leg and foot have this weird burn or tingle , I wake up feeling kinda queezy and excited, and when I brush my teeth I gag, there is more to this story, but I would just like anyone's experienced opinion on the first part please.

Thank you
dakota02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-02-2011, 05:58 PM #2
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

My first observation is that you may have suffered an upper cervical vertebra and soft tissue injury. That means an injury to the upper neck or even your neck down to the mid shoulder area. I bet that you have some sore spots around your upper neck.

I suggest you get examined by a physiatrist. You can find them listed under Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.

It does not sound like a concussion but instead the neck injury portion of a concussion. When someone receives a concussion, there is always some trauma to the neck. Some may categorize this injury as a whiplash injury.

But don't take my word that you did not suffer a concussion. There are a vast number of ways a concussion can manifest.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:10 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Welcome to NeuroTalk.

My first observation is that you may have suffered an upper cervical vertebra and soft tissue injury. That means an injury to the upper neck or even your neck down to the mid shoulder area. I bet that you have some sore spots around your upper neck.

I suggest you get examined by a physiatrist. You can find them listed under Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.

It does not sound like a concussion but instead the neck injury portion of a concussion. When someone receives a concussion, there is always some trauma to the neck. Some may categorize this injury as a whiplash injury.

But don't take my word that you did not suffer a concussion. There are a vast number of ways a concussion can manifest.
Is there a way to chat around here or message someone directly?
dakota02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote