Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 08:42 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Eye question

Busy week with doctors. On Tuesday I went to the Head Injury Clinic. He felt it was time I tried to get back to work. I have to see him On January 17 to get the ok. I did give him a list of my cognitive symptoms but he feels I should try. So we'll see what happens there.

I went to the eye MD because my left eye gets blurry since the accident. The left eye is near-sighted and he said that's not from the trauma but from age... (gulp lol). He also said the optic nerve looks great, no damage. He did a test for periphial vision (sp sorry). In my left eye which also droops since the injury failed the upper periphial testing. He said my droopy eyelid which is very minor is getting in the way. He thinks perhaps over time the muscle will stregthen up and it will get better.

I'm curious as to why my eye after the trauma is droopy? Is this normal for post concussion? I intermittently get left facial numbness as well. My left side of my body was off after the injury as well. My left side was I guess weak after. Not so sure how to explain that.

Has anyone else experienced this? I was hit by a fifty pound cabinet door sharp side on my right forehead.

Should I be concerned?
xxxxcrystalxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-22-2011, 12:47 PM #2
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

This could be due to an injury and inflammation to the cranial nerves that control the left eyelid. Check out the Third Cranial Nerve: http://www.med.yale.edu/caim/cnerves/cn3/cn3_1.html

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
xxxxcrystalxxxx (12-22-2011)