Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 01:13 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Prior concussions, PCS & headaches

I've had 4 concussions, two that were very bad, one that resulted in amnesia & loss of time. After each injury I was diagnosed with PCS. Making things worse I'm bi-polar. My last injury was in 2002 & was the worst. I've had bad headaches since the first concussion but over the last year they have gotten progressively worse. Now they can last for days & cause nausea, vomiting, not to mention crying. At times the headache affects my entire head but there are times when it focuses only on the right side of my head from my eye back & the entire right side of my head would actually feel better if it would explode. Has anyone had this happen years after the last injury? I have no health insurance so doctors are limited. The pain is becoming unbearable. Any comments would be greatly appreciated as I'm growing increasingly worried & desperate. Thanks in advance.
Thuie1313 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-23-2011, 01:49 AM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Please try and see a doctor, but it sounds like you have migraines. I have all the symptoms you describe. Migraines are the most common cause of headache on one side of the head.

I don't wish to scare you, but I have endured migraines for some 35 years post-injury. They did become progressively worse over the decades (I was suicidal two years ago). Imitrex has been the most effective treatment for me, but is not 100%. Maybe you could try some and see if it helps on your next attack.
  • MIGRAINE HEADACHES
  • INSOMNIA
  • ANGER & SELF-CONTROL (going "Frontal")
Kenjhee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:20 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the post. I had 3 of the 4 concussions less than 8 months apart. The final one was an assault and happened a few years later. My bipolar & borderline personality disorder definitely got worse after the last 2 traumas & I have been suicidal off & on for years as well. I had no idea about this website & found it by chance. I've been feeling pretty much alone & wondering if I was just imagining a connection between the concussions & my headaches now. I never suffered from migraines or headaches prior to my concussions. People don't realize how severe a concussion can be until they go through it. I have headaches every day now & I'm afraid it's only going to get worse.
Thuie1313 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote