Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 10:14 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Help reading my MRI findings

Please help! I am trying to read my MRI findings.. My appointment with my doctor isn't for another 2 weeks :-( Just wondered if anyone can translate the findings into something easier to understand!! Thank you in advance for any help!!!

Cervical Spine MRI Findings:
There is a slight loss of normal cervical lordosis. The bone marrow signal is normal without osseous destructive process. There is a partial fusion at C5/C6
Minimal anterolisthesis is seen at C4 on C5. The craniocervical junction is normal. Atlanto-axial joint is normal. The cord is normal in course, caliber, and signal.

C3/C4: Slight decreased disc height and hydration with mild diffuse disc bulge. Central canal is normal in AP diameter. Neural foramina and exiting nerve roots show no abnormality.
C4/C5: Slight decreased disc height and hydration with mild diffuse disc bulge. Central canal is normal in AP diameter. Neural foramina and exiting nerve roots show no abnormality.

C2/C3, C5/C6, C6/C7, C7/T1: Normal disc height and hydration. Disc contour is normal. There is no evidence of disc bulge or disc protrusion. Central canal is normal in AP diameter. Neural foramina and exiting nerve roots show no abnormality.

Vascular structures and upper portions of the airway are normal.

Impression:
1. Slight loss of the normal cervical lordosis.
2. Diffuse disc bulges at C3/C4 and C4/C5. No evidence of spinal stenosis.
3. Partial fusion at C5/C6.

What does diffuse disc bulges mean? Also, I had a C5/C6 Anterior Cervical Discectomy/Fusion in 2007. What does a partial fusion mean? Are there different types of cervical fusions? Or could it mean the orignal fusion didn't ever attach/fuse together correctly? I have had problems and pain for several years now, and it never went away even after having the fusion.

Left Knee MRI Findings:
Degenerative signal is present in the posterior horn of medial meniscus. New meniscus tear is delineated through the lateral meniscus. The cruciate ligaments are intact. Satisfactory appearance to the quadriceps tendon. Mild increased T2 signal is present in the patellar tendon at its proximal attachment over the patella with reactive bone marrow edema inferior pole of patella. This may represent patellar tendinopathy. The collateral ligaments are intact. Small knee joint effusion is present.

Mild Hoffa’s fat pad edema is demonstrated adjacent to inferior pole of patella. A tiny 4mm hypointense signal is demonstrated in the posterior and medial knee joint compartment at the level of femoral condyle which may represent focal synovial proliferation or intra-articular loose body.
Adjacent to it, a lobulated mass like lesion is demonstrated measuring about 2.4 x 2.1 x 2.3 cm demonstrating isointense signal to the muscle on T1 weighted images and heterogeneous hypo isointense signal on T2 weighted images.
This causes erosion along the adjacent posteromedial aspect of distal femur with sclerotic margins measuring up to 1.3 cm in transverse dimension. Satisfactory appearance to the articular cartilage of the medial and lateral knee joint compartments. Chondromalacia patella grade II to III is demonstrated.

Osteochondritic erosions along the superomedial facet with adjacent bone marrow edema. This measures about 5mm in diameter. Incompletely evaluated bone marrow signal abnormality proximal medial tibia. No large popliteal cyst is present.

Impression:
1. Chondromalacia patella grade II to III with focal osteochondritic erosion superomedial aspect of the patella.
2. Mild patellar tendinopathy with reactive bone marrow edema at the inferior pole of patella.
3. Mass like lesion posteromedial aspect of distal femur causing erosion in adjacent femur. This may represent a mass arising from adjacent synovivum. Further evaluation with excision biopsy may be helpful. Adjacent tiny synovial proliferation or loose body posteromedial knee joint compartment.
4. Small knee joint effusion.
leann817 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement