Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 11:00 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What was that?

Ummm, I'm sort of freaking out. The past week or so, I've had this weird feeling in my temple...like something moving. It usually happens when I lay down or if I'm going for a walk. Well, right now it happened while I was laying in bed...and I put two fingers over it...and it felt like something was poking my fingers!!! There is something rolling or moving around in there...What the heck is that?

I thought it was the veins that run through my head by the temple...but I don't think that's what it is. It pressed on my fingers with quite some force. Enough to move them.

ITS NOT A TOOMAAAAH!

Or is it?

I feel a panic attack coming on.
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-07-2012, 11:11 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

im pretty sure if you had a tumor the CT would have caught it right?
PlasticMonkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:19 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yeah, I think I'm just being silly. If it was a tumor, especially one big enough to push on my fingers with that force, it would have shown on either the many CT scans I've had or the MRI's. It takes awhile for a tumor to form...its not an overnight thing.

I'm just wondering what it could be...I did have a blood clot on my brain due to the injury. I've heard they can move to a different location in your body/brain.

Its probably not a toomah, but its pretty scary. I haven't had a headache since October...but one is starting to form in that area.
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:38 AM #4
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Blood clots do not move like you have described. A blood clot in a leg vein can travel through the heart and lodge in the lungs. The leg clots are usually a result of a circulation problem.

Your clot in your head is more like a scab. Blood escaped the capillaries and collected where it clotted. It can not fit back into the very small capillaries until it dissolves. By then, it is a solution of broken down cell matter.

Again, you likely found something that has existed from time to time. You noticed it and ended up getting focused on it to an obsessive level. This whole process is just a symptom of your PCS cause anxiety.

It is not a toomah. Not even a tumor. It may be simply a lymph gland. I have a vein near my temple that sometimes sticks out. If I toutch it, it appears to roll around under my finger.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (04-08-2012), SpaceCadet (04-09-2012)
Old 04-08-2012, 12:43 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

LOL, okay.

I've had a long and hard day.

I think its time for bed...

...GOODNIGHT!

Nick

Old 04-08-2012, 09:18 AM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

To me it sounds like you could have temple spasm issues due to a fatigued brain.

I usually get these when I am about to over exert myself and even though they are annoying I was told by a neuropsychologist that I should feel lucky to have a "call".

When having these I usually go to bed to relax and they stop soon after.

I donīt think it is anything to worry about.
GlassHead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (04-08-2012), SpaceCadet (04-09-2012)