Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 04-09-2007, 09:31 PM #1
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Exclamation Forum Change

Hi

after feedback from members it has been decided to have a single forum for all spinal disorders, including diseases and spinal cord injury

The SCI subforum is therefore now merged with Spinal Disorders

we hope this will make it easier for members to navigate the forum and also will avoid confusion as to which is the correct one to post in

thanks

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-10-2007, 02:15 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I saw this after I had posted. I think the "blending" of SD and SCI may make it easier for folks whom really don't understand their own spinal conditions - not a put down - only SD and SCI are so totally different.

But... when it was decided that SCI would become a sub-forum of SD, others far more experienced tried explaining it - that it was a mistake since the two are distinct. It did no good then, so... I'll hold my breath and save my energy.

I'm sorry to see this happen. Now, I'll move on.

BTW: I'd like to see what would happen if progressive neurological conditions were to be "lumped" into a single forum. I don't think that that would set well - with people dx'd with, i.e., MS or Parkinson's. The common ground would be the progressive nature of neurological conditions. They no more belong "grouped" than do SD and SCI.

But, if it's the spine, it's all the spine and can be "grouped" nicely? Was there a poll? the members' feedback that led to lumping SD with SCI?

I give... I haven't the time to beat my head against a wall - or spending energy on something not important here to others. But, there is a huge difference. People with SCI know they have SCI and folks with SD shall be glad they don't have all that encompasses SCI. It's really a no-brainer.

For people who truly don't know the distinction? Check the "Sticky" thread links. You wanted SD together with SCI and now... you got it .

Last edited by Bobbi; 04-10-2007 at 03:00 AM.
Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:16 AM #3
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

i have a spinal injury that has caused injury now to my spinal cord. so i don';t agree with all the statement.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:44 AM #4
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

thank you Curious.
that has been the major source of confusion, and that is why the merging was done....not out of disregard for those with SCI but to make it easier for the many who suffer with both

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:29 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemar View Post
thank you Curious.
that has been the major source of confusion, and that is why the merging was done....not out of disregard for those with SCI but to make it easier for the many who suffer with both

Thank you, Chemar and Curious. Y'know, sometimes, I have a tendency to over-think and I can "get" complex info. through my head very quickly; it's the things that are really easy to grasp that I miss at times. I appreciate that you elaborated. Now... It all makes sense to me. (Okay, I'm lame at times ).

By how you've explained it, I can understand why so folks with the overlap between SD and SCI could feel torn or confused about where to post - when people may live with both.

Thank you for taking the time to explain further.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote