Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Thoracic Outlet Syndrome/Brachial Plexopathy. In Memory Of DeAnne Marie.

advertisement

Old 04-09-2007, 10:41 PM #1
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Default TOS book?? has anyone seen this? Or bought it?

Medifocus Guidebook on Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

102 Pages
Free Updates for 1 Full Year
o Includes free online access to the Electronic Guidebook

MediFocus Guidebook Preview
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

Updated: 01/12/2007

This preview is intended to provide you with a detailed summary of the format and content of the complete MediFocus Guidebook on Thoracic Outlet Syndrome so that you can decide if this comprehensive and trustworthy information may help you or a loved one who is suffering from this medical condition. The Guidebook can save you days of searching all over the web for trustworthy, credible health information.

The complete Guidebook consists of the following four major topical areas:

1. The Intelligent Patient Overview. This Guidebook begins by providing you a detailed overview of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome including important information about:

* the causes of this condition
* common signs and symptoms
* medical tests that are used to establish the diagnosis
* standard treatments
* available treatment options
* promising new developments
* quality of life issues
* questions to ask your doctor

2. Guide to the Medical Literature. This section contains a comprehensive selection of references to important articles recently published about Thoracic Outlet Syndrome in trustworthy medical journals. It also includes electronic hyperlinks to the Medline™ abstracts of these articles. Medline™ is the U. S. National Library of Medicine's database collection of references and abstracts covering approximately 4,500 medical and scientific journals published worldwide.

This is the same type of professional-level information that is used by physicians and other health-care professionals to keep abreast of the latest clinical developments and advances in research on Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. A typical MediFocus Guidebook contains approximately 50 to 75 journal article references with hyperlinks to most of the article abstracts. Here are a few examples of some of the medical journal abstracts that are referenced in this section of the Guidebook:

* Confirmatory needle placement technique for scalene muscle block in the diagnosis of thoracic outlet syndrome.
Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg. 2006

* Imaging assessment of thoracic outlet syndrome.
Radiographics. 2006

* Post-traumatic thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS).
Acta Neurochir Suppl. 2005

* Thoracic outlet syndrome.
Agri. 2005

* Thoracic outlet syndrome: anatomy.
Hand Clin. 2004

3. Centers of Research. We've compiled a unique directory of doctors, researchers, hospitals, medical centers, and research institutions that have specialized research interest and, in many cases, clinical expertise in the management of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. The Centers of Research directory is a valuable resource for quickly identifying and locating leading medical authorities and medical institutions within the United States and other countries that are considered to be at the forefront in clinical research and treatment of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.

4. Guide to Resources and Organizations. The last section of the Guidebook is a select listing of resources, organizations, and support groups where you can turn to obtain additional information about Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. For each listing, we provide a brief description of the organization and their services, as well as important contact information including address, phone/fax numbers, E-mail, and web-site URL address, when available.

http://www.thoracicoutletsyndrome-in...outletsyndrome

advertisement
Old 04-10-2007, 03:22 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default book

wasn't this available free to us through the msn group for tos? i lost my log on info. for the group.
oesbrenda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:04 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I bought it [an older version] a couple of years ago. $25 bucks, or something like that.

It really wasn't "that" enlightening, especially since at that time, it seemed to be a "culling" of what was already published on the net/medical journals. At the old BT we had pretty much collected what it covered.

I haven't looked at the recently updated version, but my bet is, other than the recent "offer" of pec minor release and botox to the scalenes, that there haven't been much advance (don't let that discourage anyone from purchasing it).

The alternative/conservative information (of the old one) didn't really compare to the information that Jo55 (and others) have accumulated on this forum. But I guess, things could change.
anonymous_no_more is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:39 AM #4
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Ahh that's what I was wondering about - if we have most of the same or similar info already and they just put it all into a book.

I'll check on the TOS articles site later today.