Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 11:56 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Totally confused understanding results: Please help!

I am needing help to understand the results of cervical and lumber CTs.
1. Prior anterior fusion of C5-7. Interval unroofing of C5 and C6, with additional posterior stabilization of C4-7. Satisfactory alignment.
2. Mild spondylosis at C7-T1, with slight progressions since last CT. Marked progression of hypertrophic degerative change and narrowing of the left neural foramen at C3-4, since last CT scan.
Under report is says: Mild disc space narrowing and osteophytosis at C7-T1. The upper cervical disc spaces are maintained. Prominent left facet arthropathy and narrowing of the left neural foramen at C3-4. Size of the bony spinal canal is adequate.

for the lumbar CT
Grade 1 retrolisthesis of L3 over L4 which has mildly progresses since the previous exam. T11-12: mild spondylotic changes and ddd
T12-L1 mild facet joint changes
L1-L2, and L2-3: mild facet joint changes
L3-L4 Level of lateral recesses. The unroofing of the intervertebral discs and mild circumferential disc bulging asymmetric on the right producing mild right neural foramina narrowing No abnormal effacement of exiting nerve roots. Facet joint changes with of mild asymmetric widening of the superior right face joint. No central stenosis.
L4-L5: the facet joint changes. Mild circumferential disc bulging. No central stenosis or abnormal foramina narrowing.
L5-S1: the level of fusion. adequate caliber of central spinal canal.
On coronal reconstruction images, there is mild, small left port curvature of the lumbar spine.
impression:
2. grade 1 retrolisthesis of L3 over L4. Unroofing of the intervertebral disc and mild circumferential disc bulging asymmetrical on the right producing mild right foraminal narrowing without abnormal effacement of exiting nerve root. no central stenosis.

Thank you! I don't know if I need to travel 21/2 hours to see my orthopedic surgeon or if I'm okay.
citygirldoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement