Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 12:01 PM #1
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Default Out of Commission

Sorry I haven't been able to help much of late; I've been pretty much out of commission. I was helping DW trim the dog's nails, and while getting up off the floor, I got an intense pain in my lumbar area that I haven't been able to get a handle on. Massaging it helps a little. It's affecting my ability to concentrate and limiting the amount of time I can get/stay online. Can't get comfortable. Doing all I can to distract & hold it together.

Hope everyone is doing better than me cuz this cusses!

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-25-2012)

advertisement
Old 08-24-2012, 03:50 AM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh jeez my friend. I hope you're ok. Do you think maybe it's time for another MRI? Sounds to me like it might be. It's been awhile since you had one, hasn't it?

I sure hope you're feeling better, but if you're not you'd better call your doc and get the MRI scheduled. I'm sending prayers your way. And PLEASE keep me posted, will you? I'd REALLY appreciate it. BIG hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:53 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I hate to hear this as I have injured myself twice getting up off of the floor. Most of the time, I seem to have a harder time finding out why things have happened as opposed to what happened. Since I have at least one good fall a week, I really need to be as concerned about getting up as falling down. Anymore, I have a favorite sturdy chair I crawl over to and use my upper body to pull myself up. Are you "just" inflamed or do you think you have done something else? Take care.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:17 PM #4
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Doc

Get better soon Doc. Sorry that happened to you. Getting ready to evac. here. Hoping for the best. take care. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:40 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spine95 View Post
Are you "just" inflamed or do you think you have done something else?
Can't tell. There's something going on concurrently in my descending colon -- it spins me around when I try to get up from sitting/lying down, and masks the other thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Getting ready to evac. here. Hoping for the best.
Ginnie, you got Isaac coming at ya? Be thinking about you.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-01-2012)
Old 08-31-2012, 01:09 PM #6
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Doc

How are you doing first? Read where you were having some issues. Let me know what is happening. I do care.
I did evac. for Issac. Up until the last minute it was due to travel up the coast, then went west. It could have just as easily turned east. Went 40 miles inland, experinced great peace inbetween rain. Back home now putting this place back together. Shingle damage, not much more than that.
Thinking about you....ginnie
Old 08-31-2012, 01:15 PM #7
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Sorry to hear about the back pain.

I threw my right side out medicating Weezie the first week, and it was horrible for over a week. I could hardly walk... I felt something slipping/moving when I walked, and the outhouse was quite a ways to walk to all day long. The only thing I could really do
was ice it twice a day. I took alot of alkaSeltzer and tylenol spaced out daily with it. I find AlkaSeltzer the best for pain like that.

Some prostate problems refer back there, so get it checked if Ice doesn't work, etc.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-01-2012)
Old 08-31-2012, 05:14 PM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Gosh Doc, I'm worried about you! I hope you'll be able to update us soon. I don't like the fact you're in such pain, and I'm sure you're not terribly pleased with it either.

Off the subject, I just got diagnosed with COPD. Ain't that nice. Serves me right for smoking all these years. Now don't lecture me -- I've already gotten that. Yes, I'll quit - - - soon.

Please take care of yourself and update us when you can, ok? Prayers are coming your way! ((((hugs)))) Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-01-2012)
Old 09-01-2012, 10:30 AM #9

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hoping to hear good news soon. I plead guilty to being selfish and miss your reliable input and wimsical quips.

Move over. I am in the dog house too. My older daughter called yesterday and said they would be coming Monday afternoon after attending a birthday party for one of their neices. I promised not to cook and let them pick up pizza. Well, I started looking around at the apt. and all of the detail cleaning that my aid is not allowed to do just jumped out at me. I cleaned the living room windows and then slapped on a gob of Thera Gesic Rub. Then I noticed the baseboards looked awful. After cleaning the ones in the kitchen and living room, I couldn't get up. I had to pound on the wall to get a neighbor's attention and she got several male neighbors to come haul me up. I hate that but it beats calling a squad. It is so frustrating how little it takes to get everything all flaired up. Take care and get plenty of rest. Miss you.

Last edited by Spiney95; 09-01-2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: typo
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:55 AM #10
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Leesa

Hi Leesa, I quit smoking also. My friend didn't and has COPD also. On the operating table she crashed during a minor proceedure. That is how she found out that her lungs acted old. No lecture, just do it. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. It is the hardest thing to do that darn stuff. I have barretts esophagus, guess i didn't quit soon enough too. I still remember bill boards in my youth where doctor wore there stethascopes and promoted cigs. Good grief.... I wish you all the best Leesa in that journey. ginnie