Weight Loss & Healthy Living For weight loss and healthy living discussions.

advertisement

Old 04-21-2007, 10:59 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Midnight Munchies!!!

O.k. girls. My walking post has helped me so much because of you gals so now I am asking for assistance for avoiding the midnight munchies. I can follow my eating plan all day..eat a good supper....it is when hubby goes to bed that a little later on I get the urge. Some foods that I go for are...Honeycombs....I love them.and..Toaster strudels...they are sweet..My step boys eat them all the time so they are bought for them, but I want to be able to ignore them..not remove them. Any ideas for me...they will be taken very seriously as I am sick and tired of being fat and I am actually starting to feel a little depression over it..I guess with summer coming it brings out my feelings of insecurity regarding me looking like a blob while so many thin and perfect people are wandering around wearing cute, cool clothing. I have a tendancy to hide under layers and will look really dum in the middle of summer donning that apparell.....HELP!

LOVE DORRIE!!
dorrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-21-2007, 09:38 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I am tired of feeling this way!!!

Tonight I was schedueled to speak at my 12 step meeting. I used to dress up....about 50lbs ago...when I would speak in front of the group because I felt so good about my sobriety that I wanted to show it...I also felt very good about myself as I had lost 60lbs. Well when I went to get dressed tonight I ended up so very upset. I ranted about having nothing to wear...then nothing that fits. I think the truth of the matter is that nothing is going to look good on me because I feel so very bad about myself. I am so tired of this weight and I have been trying to get it off but it is coming off so slow...My pills, effexor, for anxiety and depression have made it easy to gain and between them and the diabetes it seems almost impossible to lose weight at all. It is making me feel so bad about myself. My honey says that I should accept myself and love myself anyway but I feel like crap about it and with summer coming it makes me feel worse. I wish there was a quick fix for this weight thing...and for the way it makes me feel.

LOVE DORRIE!!
dorrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:47 PM #3
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Dorrie,

Something I do when I get the midnight munchies is to have a couple slices of turkey from the deli, a piece of string cheese and a coupel strawberries...protein, fat and carbs balanced. Its not too much to kppe me up and enough to keep me going till morning...and healthy!

Dont give up Dorrie you can do it. I bet you are being harder on yourself thatn you should be. Dont beat yourself up, you do not need a negativity. And do not hide in your clothing. Go out and buy something for yourself that is flattering and fits nicely. You would be surprised that when you wear the right size clothes that are flattering on yourself at that moment in time, it helps to give your confidence a boost. Wearing clothes that hide you will only make you feel worse.

Your honey is right love yourself and give yourself credit. Your energy on the forum recently has been contagious. Keep it up. we all believe in you!!!

watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:20 AM #4
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Heart

something that I have been doing lately is heating up some tropical diet drink, my favorite is diet tropical splash.
Heated up it is very comforting and the fluid helps me feel full and gives me more liquids which I need...
I also snack on shelled pumpkin seeds, lots of fiber and good oils too.
I like shellys snack, very balanced.
A low carb, high fiber diet is very good for diabetics, always check with your doctor first though.
Also Dr. Gotts NO flour, sugar, potatoes, rice diet works too.
It is the simple sugars/starches that get to us.
Just my thoughts...
hang in there
bizi

Hattie the black and white one wrestling with hazel, calico. lost hattie to cancer.....
Happiness is a decision....

150mg of lamictal 2x a day
haldol 5mg 2x a day
1mg of cogentin 2x a day
klonipin , 1mg at night

I will not give up in this weight loss journey, nor this need to be AF. 3-19-13=156, 6-7-13=139, 8-19-13=149, 11-12-13=140, 6-28-14=157, 7-24-14=149, 9-24-14=144, 1-12-15=164, 2-28-15=149, 4-21-15=143, 6-26-15=138.5, 7-22-15=146, 8-24-15=151, 9-15-15=145, 11-1-15=137, 11-29-15=143, 1-4-16=152, 1-26-16=144, 2-24-16=150, 8-15-16=163, 1-4-17=169, 9-20-17=174, 11-17-17=185.6, 3-22-18=167.9, 8-31-18= 176.3, 3-6-19=190.8 5-30-20=176, 1-4-21=202, 10-4-21= 200.8,12-10-21=186, 3-26-22=180.3, 7-30-22=188, 10-15-22=180.9,
bizi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:10 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Hi Dorrie,

Something I do when I get the midnight munchies is to have a couple slices of turkey from the deli, a piece of string cheese and a coupel strawberries...protein, fat and carbs balanced. Its not too much to kppe me up and enough to keep me going till morning...and healthy!

Dont give up Dorrie you can do it. I bet you are being harder on yourself thatn you should be. Dont beat yourself up, you do not need a negativity. And do not hide in your clothing. Go out and buy something for yourself that is flattering and fits nicely. You would be surprised that when you wear the right size clothes that are flattering on yourself at that moment in time, it helps to give your confidence a boost. Wearing clothes that hide you will only make you feel worse.

Your honey is right love yourself and give yourself credit. Your energy on the forum recently has been contagious. Keep it up. we all believe in you!!!

I agree....good quality protein will help keep the midnight muchies away! My choices are ham (I eat Oscar Meyer's deli sliced its only 50 calories for a serving) and a few slices of cheese usually muenster or swiss. That ties me over until the morning.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II

fiberowendy2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:27 AM #6
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

good advice here.

even a small bowl (measure) of high fiber cereal is a good snack. shredded wheat ( not frosted ) special K...total....chereos...oatmeal is my favorite.

what helps is something that takes chewing. a handful of almonds or other nuts is a good choice.

stay clear of the carbs if you aren't getting the protien.

i make sure that no lights are left on in the kitchen...or the way to the kitchen at night. i have built in floor lights. boy did that make it easy to get to the kitchen. now the timer is set to go off when we go to bed. well..everyone else to sleep..me to my office.

i also put a note on the side of my monitor...NO EATING WHILE AT COMPUTER. that sure has helped too.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote