Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 05:37 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here just diagnosed

first of all hello and hope your all well!
I am jax a 39 mum of 2 happily married in a job a love (nursing assistant) recently I had major surgery (gyneacological) all recovered from that and given the all clear
Having major problems with my back since operation so decided to go back to docs to see what is happening.
I have always had pain in my back and thought I might be due to my job. I have always worked in care since leaving school. Back now so so painful. Doc was shocked to see my back and said i had a 'spastic back' and the straightest spine he has ever seen!!! He put me on some meds which I had an allergic reaction to urgh waiting to see physio next week. He also said that my back was so bad this is why I have terrible migraines! explains so much but then is upsetting. I have a 'rock' lump in my neck and he feels this will explain the numbness in finger tips??? I have chronic hip pain and again he says my back would cause this. Does it cause all this?!! I have had someone tell me it could be MS omg!! I have chronic fatigue in all muscles and vision has slightly gone off but really could it be?! any help would be appreciated
thanks jax x
iomjax is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
katmae (12-13-2012), mg neck prob (12-13-2012)

advertisement
Old 12-13-2012, 11:08 AM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Jax....I had acdf (neck fusion) surgery in 2010 had horrible neck pain one of the major symptoms of neck problems it travel down arms and you get numbness in finger tips. When you stated rock in your neck ---do u mean you feel it outside on your skin? If i were in your shoes I would seek a consult with neuro or spinal surgeon. Request a mri of your neck and back ---xray wont show herinations. Even if turns out you may have herniations (most ppl do) unless there pressing spinal cord no surgery would be required. I come from a long line of spine problems in our family. If you have mild or moderate there are several treament options that may help P.T or ESI (epidural steroid injections) but I don'tdo any therapy until they get down to a proper diagnosis. By chance you from Ireland?? You saying your a mum ...is what made me inquire. Let me know if you have any other questions. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find some pain relief soon.
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:30 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomjax View Post
first of all hello and hope your all well!
I am jax a 39 mum of 2 happily married in a job a love (nursing assistant) recently I had major surgery (gyneacological) all recovered from that and given the all clear
Having major problems with my back since operation so decided to go back to docs to see what is happening.
I have always had pain in my back and thought I might be due to my job. I have always worked in care since leaving school. Back now so so painful. Doc was shocked to see my back and said i had a 'spastic back' and the straightest spine he has ever seen!!! He put me on some meds which I had an allergic reaction to urgh waiting to see physio next week. He also said that my back was so bad this is why I have terrible migraines! explains so much but then is upsetting. I have a 'rock' lump in my neck and he feels this will explain the numbness in finger tips??? I have chronic hip pain and again he says my back would cause this. Does it cause all this?!! I have had someone tell me it could be MS omg!! I have chronic fatigue in all muscles and vision has slightly gone off but really could it be?! any help would be appreciated
thanks jax x
Welcome to the formsjax,you will find that this is a grate place to be,you will find the people here happy help in any way and they are always here to listin
katmae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:38 AM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you both No I am not from Ireland nearly there pmsl I am from the Isle of Man which is situated between England and Ireland but is independent from them all. We are not part of the EU and have our own government beautiful place..
anyway yeah the lumps apprear to be either side of my spine in neck, crunchy when moving and can be very very stiff.
I have just had a call seeing a physio this afternoon should I be scared!!!
thanks for your replies mean alot jax xx
iomjax is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
katmae (12-14-2012), mg neck prob (12-18-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 09:56 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome! Any chance you could have an MRI of your neck? That way they could see the discs and soft tissue. An X-ray won't show that. You'd need an MRI with and without contrast material.

I hope you're able to get one. It sure would help. I wish you the very best. Let us know what happens, ok? God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
katmae (12-14-2012), mg neck prob (12-18-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 10:37 AM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hello

Good morning jax,how are you doing today? I hope that you get some answers soon,have a supper day
katmae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (12-18-2012)