Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 08:11 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Successful SCS

While I have posted the info. on the scs/pump sub board, I thought I would drop in and let you know that the scs that was implanted last Wed. appears to be as successful as the trial.............complete elimination of the neuropathy Of course this has caused a Fibro flare that could go on for quite a while based on previous surgeries. I stayed with one of my daughters for a few days and came home Sunday. It's good to have some peace and privacy but thoroughly enjoyed spending rare time with the grandsons. Happy New Year to one and all.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-02-2013, 03:53 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm SO glad this is working for you! I knew you were having it done Wed. and I said some prayers. Thank GOD it's working!

I wonder why it's not helping with the Fibro flare. I guess I don't understand that part. Have they said anything about that? Darn it -- I'm disappointed that it doesn't at least help with that.

But thank goodness it helps with the neuropathy. Please keep us posted, Spiney. My prayers are with you. Big but gentle hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It is my understanding that it does not address Fibro pain. As the body calms down, I anticipate that the Fibro will calm down. It just goes wild when my body perceives that it has been violated in some form or fashion. Surgery throws it into a prolonged tailspin. I must be patient as I had known up front this would happen based on my surgical history.

I am having some charging issues but that is due to swelling and the devices not communicating well. I understand that is a typical problem for approx. two weeks. I am buzzing and am able to maintain a 1/4 charge level so all is well.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote