Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 10:30 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need Help Reading EMG report

Hello Everyone,

I had an EMG done about a year ago and the neurologist reported that is was normal and there were no signs of peripheral neuropathy, however, he also stated that the EMG study was limited due to poor tolerance in the right leg. What could this mean? Any ideas? Because I'm about to have another one and I want to know if there's a chance this study was basically bogus and more inconclusive than anything.
wllwrt4fd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-12-2013, 10:36 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default More info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wllwrt4fd View Post
Hello Everyone,

I had an EMG done about a year ago and the neurologist reported that is was normal and there were no signs of peripheral neuropathy, however, he also stated that the EMG study was limited due to poor tolerance in the right leg. What could this mean? Any ideas? Because I'm about to have another one and I want to know if there's a chance this study was basically bogus and more inconclusive than anything.
Additionally, the report on the study states that there were no abnormalities, but it only mentions two, what appear to be muscles. It states, "There is no evidence of any abnormality in the Right tibialis anterior and peroneus longus." So, does that also mean, they didn't do the whole leg and it was a limited study in that sense as well?
wllwrt4fd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote