Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 04:45 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello please read and give me any thoughts u have

Leo here and I am thinking I am gonna have to go on disability I have thought so

hard about this for years, for a man its such a hard thing do well i think so.

Anyways i broke my neck c-2 the head of my femur and shattered my arm in

Sept 2007 I went back to work in the tow truck for a couple years but it just

killed me migraines everyday and whatnot well I quit there and tried dominoes

but even that was too hard on my body am i just being weak or should I accept

the fact that i am probably disabled well now my kidneys are acting up and

without employment i don't have insurance so i was thinking about applying
Leo48092 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (02-16-2013)

advertisement
Old 02-12-2013, 06:36 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

What is going on with your kidneys? Did you have an MRI done? If so, would you please copy down the MRI report so we can read it? That's the only way we can really tell how serious it is. It does sound like you're having some troubles!

So get the MRi report, and copy it here. Then we can give you some answers, hopefully. Best of luck and God bless! Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-13-2013, 06:44 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Leo,

I hate to hear what you are going through, but sometimes there is a time when you can no longer work in an effective manner. I have been there. If you do not get the treatment you need, I do not see how you can get better. With cervical spine, kidney issues, migraines...you may well be approved for disability--if denied, refile. I know it can be hard for men, my Dad worked 35 years at one job and became disabled--it was so difficult for him emotionally as well as physically. No one ever lost their respect for him for being disabled. If someone judges you without even knowing you, let it be their problem, not yours. People have judged me without even knowing me; but as far as I am concerned, I do not value the opinion of judgmental people. You need medical help!

I suggest maybe getting a free consultation with a disability law firm, and make sure there is documentation from your doctors to back up your conditions. Who knows--with proper treatment, you might be able to gain employment elsewhere. It is imperative to be able to get some type of medical care. I feel at this point you have nothing to lose by filing for disability. I hope and pray all works out for you.
baldeagle9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-13-2013, 07:35 AM #4
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Leo

[I am sorry you are in such distress. If you have any notion of going on disability, get a good lawyer, and all your medical evidence. The process is long and difficult. If you have an MRI. There are folks here who can help reading it. I had to go on disability as I had two spinal fusions. I came here to NT, looking for help too and never left. I wish you all the best. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:34 PM #5
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagle9 View Post
Hi Leo,

I hate to hear what you are going through, but sometimes there is a time when you can no longer work in an effective manner. I have been there. If you do not get the treatment you need, I do not see how you can get better. With cervical spine, kidney issues, migraines...you may well be approved for disability--if denied, refile. I know it can be hard for men, my Dad worked 35 years at one job and became disabled--it was so difficult for him emotionally as well as physically. No one ever lost their respect for him for being disabled. If someone judges you without even knowing you, let it be their problem, not yours. People have judged me without even knowing me; but as far as I am concerned, I do not value the opinion of judgmental people. You need medical help!

I suggest maybe getting a free consultation with a disability law firm, and make sure there is documentation from your doctors to back up your conditions. Who knows--with proper treatment, you might be able to gain employment elsewhere. It is imperative to be able to get some type of medical care. I feel at this point you have nothing to lose by filing for disability. I hope and pray all works out for you.

and it will
file if denied
file again do your homework
and it will be

GOD BLESS US ALL
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-16-2013)

Tags
c-2, disability