Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 04-06-2013, 09:18 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default update

I have been doing physical therapy which I want to say I think has been helping some. I've still been in pain and had the tingly but I think it's been getting a bit better. I had my first appointment with the dr of physical medicine and rehabilitation. She put me in lyreca 75mg 2x per day (1 for the 1st week to check for side effects), and naproxen 500mg 2x per day as needed for pain. My physical therapist recognized one of my vertebre is stuck and she can't move it at all...so she has set me up with an appointment for chiropractic ....I'm hopeful that with this combined therapy that we can fix this pain and tingly (hopefully).

I think I am getting some side effects from the lyreca though. A few hours after I take it I start feeling like it's difficult for me to swallow, usually I don't feel like I have any difficulty swallowing. .... Just feels like maybe my throat is swelling up a little bit?...not sure how to describe it ... and maybe some swelling of my fingers...because I couldnt remove my rings this morning...which is not typical either. Anyone had side effects for lyreca...and what did it feel like? Were the side effects you experienced similar to what I mentioned? My Dr of Physical Med and Rehab said there were other meds she could put me on...but Lyreca is the least likely to make me drowsy...and I need to make sure I can take care of my 9 month old son anytime of the day/night...on his command LOL. So that's why we went with Lyreca to start.

Anyway. That's the update. Next week I get re-evaluated by the physical therapist and we will see if we need to make any adjustments to my PT.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Katie
Katieaero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-07-2013, 04:17 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

What do they mean that one of your vertebra is "stuck?" If it's that it slipped over another, you could have Spondylolisthesis, and I don't really think Chiropractic is called for!!!!

If it is Spondy, it can be due to a bilateral crack in the pars which denigrates the vertebral body from the neural arch and allows the vertebral body to slide forward.

I think I'd want some flexion/extension X-rays to see what's going on before I'd let a Chiropractor do any "work" on me. Ask your doctor to order these FIRST before you see a Chiropractor!!!

Just my opinion. Best of luck & God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote