Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Muscle Soreness after ACDF...How long?

I had one level C5-C6 ACDF on May 13th. I started to only take Soma 250 mg and hydrocodone at night before I went to sleep after 2 weeks. I was taking them 3 or 4 times post surgery up to the 2 week mark. My question is for those that have had this type of surgery, did you feel muscle soreness in your shoulders? When did it finally subside? And did you feel muscle soreness in other parts of your back and/or legs? I was told because my autograft was slightly more than average with a 7mm cadavar bone that I might feel more soreness for a longer period. Is this just part of the recovery process? I am 3 weeks post surgery on Monday and I feel a huge amont of muscle soreness throughout my entire body.
Tara0414 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 06-05-2013, 07:38 AM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0414 View Post
I had one level C5-C6 ACDF on May 13th. I started to only take Soma 250 mg and hydrocodone at night before I went to sleep after 2 weeks. I was taking them 3 or 4 times post surgery up to the 2 week mark. My question is for those that have had this type of surgery, did you feel muscle soreness in your shoulders? When did it finally subside? And did you feel muscle soreness in other parts of your back and/or legs? I was told because my autograft was slightly more than average with a 7mm cadavar bone that I might feel more soreness for a longer period. Is this just part of the recovery process? I am 3 weeks post surgery on Monday and I feel a huge amont of muscle soreness throughout my entire body.
Tara, I did esp from collar(i think) you will---the one thing I did that would helped alot is walk. If i got tired I had to lay back with a pillow on a recliner behind my neck helps relax those muscles. Im three years out and I still do have problems with right shoulder if I do to much or sleep wrong. My neck and scpaular area was really tight esp I think for 2 or 3 months before it started to release.This surgery sucks all your energy to nothing. I had severe spinal cord compression before surgery and I think that may have contributed to mine. Give it time --its normal. Your still early in the recovery proceess it takes 3-6 months. Listen to your body and dont push yourself allow you family and friends to pamper you. This is the most important part of your recovery because-- your main goal now is to heal and acheive a successful fusion. Don't do any bending or twisting or lifting at this point it will cause major flare ups. I hope things get better for you soon.
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:46 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Muscle Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0414 View Post
Hi Tara,,I had a 3 level ACDF on 5/28 and yes I am having the same muscle pain. My surgeon gave me Cyclobenzaprine for muscle spasms..1 10mg tablet twice a day.I dont feel like it helps much. Do feel like you get relief from the Soma ??? I know how you feel and I hope you feel better soon. Annie
Annie1023 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote