Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 06-10-2013, 10:19 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Help with Mri.

Just looking to have this put in laymans terms and what your thoughts might be. Thanks in advance.

4-24-92 Impression: Lumbosacral spine show no recent fractures and no bone destrution.There is however evidence for a mild degree of old compression of the superior table of L3 and the inferior table of L2.There is moderate narrowing of the L2/3 intervertebral disc and osteophytes are present both anteriorly and posteriorly on the verebral bodies at that level.The posterior osteophytes appear to project into the spinal canal.The disc spaces at other levels are maintained and there is no spondylolyis or spondylolosthesis.The posterior facet joints are unremarkable. Conclusion: There is degenerative disc disease at L2/3 and this may be related to mild old compression of the adjacent bony tables at that level.The significance of apparent projection of posterior osteophytes into the spinal canal is uncertain.
billygee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 06-10-2013, 10:59 AM #2
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi billygee

I am sure no professional. I have seen alot of MRI results however. Because for the most part, your findings are Mild....I don't think any surgical intervention would be good for you. Thats good! Unless your MRI says severe, or cord compression, you really don't want to think in the direction of surgery. Consider acue puncture, and ask your neurologist about PT. There may be help, just with things you can do. I sure wish you all the best, and that you get the proper help. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:12 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
I am sure no professional. I have seen alot of MRI results however. Because for the most part, your findings are Mild....I don't think any surgical intervention would be good for you. Thats good! Unless your MRI says severe, or cord compression, you really don't want to think in the direction of surgery. Consider acue puncture, and ask your neurologist about PT. There may be help, just with things you can do. I sure wish you all the best, and that you get the proper help. ginnie
Thanks Ginnie, this info is going back to 1992 and i'm just wondering what this means--The posterior osteophytes appear to project into the spinal canal.I able to see all my medical records on line so I thought I post> Long story.I think I went back to far. Opps

Last edited by billygee; 06-10-2013 at 11:41 AM.
billygee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:31 PM #4
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Billygee

These are bony overgrowths that were talked about in your MRI. Appears to protrude into the spinal canal. However there doesn't seem to say anything about "cord Compression" That is when the nerves are being squashed and no signal can get through. That is when you have some really bad trouble. From what was said, it didn't sound like you were in danger to any degree. If in doubt at all, and you have some symptoms like nerve pain, you need to ask your neurologist if this could be the cause. Also if you look up each word on Google, it will help you to understand what the termonology is, so that when you do go back to the doctor, you can arm yourself with information. Being informed, puts you in the drivers seat ! Then the doc. can't say anything you won't understand. Let me know how you do. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote