Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 06:33 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default bruising to spinal cord?

hi
i was in a car accident early last year where there car flipped 4 times, shortly after i developed a 'shake' in my legs which is very noticeable when i bend them this is what i have been told by a neurologist on the nhs : the shake is 'bizzare', the random muscle spazams, weekness and tingling are nothing to worry about as had my entire spine and brain mri and was all normal diagnosis: pyhscological :-/

then was seen by a private neurologist organised by solicitor for my compensation claim : he said the bizzare 'shake' was a 1 beat patella clonus likely to be caused by bruising to the spinal cord and the muscle spazams weakness and tingling was all caused by this.

told the nhs neurolgist this and took the report from the solicitor confirming this but they are still saying it is physcological

i dont understand how they can say the shake is physcological when it causes pain any one have ideas on how i can get them to listen to me and diagnose this so i can get treatment ?
xsarahx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 06-26-2013, 06:14 AM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Have you had a RECENT MRI?? An MRI should prove or disprove anything. You should have an MRI with and without contrast material to see what's really going on. I believe you, and I don't think it's psychological. These idiot insurance companies will say anything to keep from paying a claim.

So see about getting the MRI. it's well worth it! Best of luck & God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:27 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just want to add - it can take months after an accident for myelomalacia to show up on an MRI so if you had yours shortly after your accident, it is possible that it wasn't visible on the scans at that time. I am not a doctor, but I have been doing a lot of research on the condition because I have it on my MRI. I would second getting a more recent MRI.
silverfae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote