Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 10:40 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default what should I do?

Hello! I am 26 years old, was told over a year ago I have DDD, soliosis, kyptnosis, loradosis, rotated vertabras...I have 3 wonderful children that have to see me in pain on a day by day basis.. I have been to PT, Chiro, and I'm allergic to just about every med out there with out being in the hospital. I am going back to do a follow up with my nureo doctor, plus traveling out of town to go see another to see what or if they can do anything to make some of this go away. What would you guys do? I'm very limited on day to day activities pretty much feel like I'm a walking body instead of a mother, and wife.
mandi11205 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 08-07-2013, 11:53 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandi11205 View Post
Hello! I am 26 years old, was told over a year ago I have DDD, soliosis, kyptnosis, loradosis, rotated vertabras...I have 3 wonderful children that have to see me in pain on a day by day basis.. I have been to PT, Chiro, and I'm allergic to just about every med out there with out being in the hospital. I am going back to do a follow up with my nureo doctor, plus traveling out of town to go see another to see what or if they can do anything to make some of this go away. What would you guys do? I'm very limited on day to day activities pretty much feel like I'm a walking body instead of a mother, and wife.
Wow, you are really under the gun! Sounds like you have almost all the bases covered. If it were me, I would make one more stop at the local friendly psychologist to learn how to cope with the unbelievable amount of stress that you are under. You have admirably done everything for the physiological side of your dilemma, now it is time to figure out how to deal with the emotional trauma!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:54 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Have you ever heard of cauterizing the nerve sacs in your back? I go to a Dr. in Grand Junction, Co. that does that for my sciatic nerves in my lower back. It lasts for about 6 to 9 months. It is such a relief!
Blossom25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:39 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks

I have heard of that. My doctor said it may help some, but not enough to have it done sense my disk are pretty much gone. The vertebras are rubbing together. Plus all the other curves I got going on. If they try to fix one thing it could cause another problem to become worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom25 View Post
Have you ever heard of cauterizing the nerve sacs in your back? I go to a Dr. in Grand Junction, Co. that does that for my sciatic nerves in my lower back. It lasts for about 6 to 9 months. It is such a relief!
mandi11205 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote