advertisement

Old 05-11-2007, 09:54 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm curious about this: Mediator Release Testing (MRT)

Here's the link: http://www.nowleap.com/public_tour/i...bs_tour5.html#

I'm still getting periods of intestinal badness. Usually it'll happen after an excursion into packaged chips land or perhaps it is peanuts. I'd really like to have a more exhaustive diagnosis of my food intolerances done. Has anyone undertaken this?
NancyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-12-2007, 09:21 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have not but wanted to suggest that heated oils are not your friend when you are first healing... Heck, five years in and feeling like Wonder Woman, I still react to the bag of chips I eat (once every two weeks - yet like an idiot I keep doing it. ).
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:01 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I haven't, either. I'll watch with interest to se if anyone here has had it done.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:06 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Would you believe, the last couple of days I've been eating chips, leftovers from a party we had Saturday. And I've had some symptoms. Of course, it could have been from the sweets I ate, but one or the other has given me some tummy cramping and diarrhea.
Unless it was the power of suggestion from this thread. You reckon? Naaah!
Old 05-15-2007, 11:29 AM #5
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

I have not heard of this! Maybe you could be our tester .

I have heard from several who have done the IgG food allergy testing, and say symptoms improved after removing the identified foods.

I didn't see... did it say how much it costs?

If you decide to try it, I'd be interested in the results, and better yet, if removing those foods identified as releasing mediators helps you.

Cara

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:59 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccglutenfree View Post
I have not heard of this! Maybe you could be our tester .

I have heard from several who have done the IgG food allergy testing, and say symptoms improved after removing the identified foods.

I didn't see... did it say how much it costs?

If you decide to try it, I'd be interested in the results, and better yet, if removing those foods identified as releasing mediators helps you.

Cara
I'd like to do it! I'm trying to get registered with Dr. Lewey to get this done but that whole process is extremely confusing and I haven't figured it out yet.
NancyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:13 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Chips can sometimes be a night shade issue, for some it is a heated oil issue and for others it can be cross contaminatin in processing plants that process things like flavored chips.

As for testing sensitivities, I've had this done through Integrated Manual Therapy and they are pretty dead on. But that's me and IMT.

Since the beginning of my treatment there- at the PT/IMT center, they have on occasion mentioned that I might have a dairy issue. Oh no, says I, I have type B blood, I can have dairy. And as we've gone through each abdominal region of healing, on occasion they have gently suggested I might have a dairy issue. Denial, serious denial.

Last week we had some really good cheese in the house and I was packing it away LOL every chance I got. It occured to me a couple of times that I'd had quite a lot of cheese. Then my blood sugar did some funny unwanted bottoming out a few days later and finally on Saturday I confronted the truth, B blood or not, I have issues with dairy. So as of today I have been dairy free for 2 days. I hate to admit it, but the strange aches I get in my ears are gone and so is some of the bloating.

I saw my DO today and went over the symptoms and he agreed that it was probably dairy.

Oh my, I thought I was attached to bread, but I cried over this one. It's been a staple my whole life. The parts of my body that seem the most affected by it suggest that it is casein and not lactose. As your body heals can you ever outgrow this?

So my question now is this~ do I handle this one the same way I handle gluten, don't eat it, don't touch it? Can airborn dry milk "caseinate" you the way airborn gluten can "glutenate" you? Is it hidden in ingredients the same way gluten is? If so, does anyone have a link for how to find it's hidden sources?

Day by Day, that's how I am going to make it.
Thanks so much,
Leslie
Swuzly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote