Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Thoracic Outlet Syndrome/Brachial Plexopathy. In Memory Of DeAnne Marie.

advertisement

Old 05-14-2007, 09:14 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What about a breast reduction

Have any of the women had one and it made an improvement? Seems to make a lot of sense since I am being pulled forward by the ...(I like this term) "pendulous" breast.
withmore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-14-2007, 09:24 PM #2
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I am all for it. Someone on the forum just recently got one done. I made an appt to discuss but not until August. What I would give for a small B cup....and a small waist...and really blonde long hair.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:52 PM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default reduction

My daughter had reduction in 1998. )ten years ago) She had one side l(bobob) arger, but sever TOS two surgeries, second a scar cleanup post redux.

She had absolutly no TOS reduction pain from redux, but loved the bra, no wieght feel adn being able to just buy a normal bra and perky boobs in tops. She was about 19 at the time.

But if you are all about redx for the appeal, and weight off the shoulders from a bra, you will be happy. Some have better results, she was almost 2 1/2 years post injury.

The new surgery is more appealing, with a key hole. Looks like an entry hole shape for an old skeleton key. From the base of breast up around the nipple, from a "V"inverted at the underside and pulled together. My dauhgters was much bigger of a surgery. they cut from armpit to armpit, with the entire nipple removed. She did not have feeling in ehr nipple when they cut it to half its size and replaced.

Interview a few surgeons ask for pictures, WHen my daughter was finished she looked like Frankenstine stiches EXTERNAL, unlike keyhole. It took years to fade down.

Many have been so happy to be resized, TOS or no TOS. Me, I am happy with boulders, but if breast cancer were a threat, I would have both off be flat chested and not reconstruct for a change.
Go for the consult, adn it large chested I am sure you will love the results, whether it helps symptoms or not.
In her case it was nerve damage, wight to make compression did not make a difference.
Good luck
Dianne

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:09 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default That was me...

Yes,

It has helped immensely, and I still have the stiches in!

I am excited to start p.t. with my considerably less heavy upper torso, and work on my posture.

I am convinced that the surgery will help reduce symptoms.

Hope this helps you with your decision.

Cala
Caladium is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:22 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

bump for wildberry

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:50 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink

Thank you for the bump... I am becoming more and more convinced this will help... having a G cup is quite big as i only weigh 185 pounds... and 5'10... literaly being pulled forward and have pouster because of it...

Thanks for all the bumps it sure is helping me be ok with it.... It may be a girl thing but i am sad to see them go... I dont its just one of those other things i have to give up... May sound silly... Sorry for rambling.. thanks for all the help!!! I am glad this has helped many!
Old 08-07-2007, 08:32 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had it done last May and I am soooo happy!!! I went from an F to a DD...no more back pain, neck pain or shoulder pain. I thought I was gong to require a couple wheel barrels as it was so hard to fit a bra without paying a fortune! (The wheel barrells would have been cheaper!) My self esteem went through the roof as well....at 40 I was perky like an 18 year old Go for it girl...you will love it!!!!!!! Dorrie

LOVE DORRIE!!
dorrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:37 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I know a wmn who had to convince her HMO that it could help her TOS and I read the journal articles she used to get them to allow it. And it did help her--not completely but to some degree. It benefited her enough that she suggested the surgery to myself and others. I have asked a few doctors and PTs regarding my situation and was told it could help just a bit--perhaps reduce 5% of my TOS pain. I have spent a lot of time exercising vertically in the water and realize that I still get very flared exercising without the gravity that the water affords. I think that tells me to some degree what little help a reduction would have in reducing TOS pain. But it would probably allow for better posture and with retraining I may be able to achieve long lasting postural benefits.
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:05 PM #9

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Schedule for a breast reduction

I have been tested for TOS. Every morning wake up get out of bed and my arms never fully wake up. MRI and ultra sound did not show evidence of TOS but all syndomes do. I am 5-7 size 8 but have F cup played college soccer and always stayed very physically active but now I am 48 and my arms are tired asleep without the tingling, my neck is always hurting my back in in constant knots and my shoulders looks like the ol gray mare's back! I finally went in for a breast reduction consult and am schedule for a reduction next week. The plan is to remove 530 grams each breast, supposely taking me to a C cup. I am hoping this will help with the arms, neck, back and headaches. Has anyone had these syndomes especially with the arms but not showing up TOS even though syndomes point to that. Has the breast reduction helped? Have one week to go before surgery and praying it will be all worth it. J
jsinn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote