advertisement

Old 05-23-2007, 03:04 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default XPost from BT - Any questions for Dr. Fasano?

I'm going to see Dr. Fasano Friday morning for my baby.
If you have a pressing questions, I'll ask it for you.
I've got my own list going!!!
Electra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-23-2007, 07:41 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When my son was born, a long time ago,
I was bF him, and he suffered with a lot of colic. Since I was dx with GS, I look back and wonder, if maybe he had problems because of my genetics. I am DQ2 and DQ1.

First focus on questions about your baby, and then if he has any extra time, wonder if "colic problems" might be due to actual sensitivity to mom's diet. I wasn't aware of the GS at that time.

Thanks,

Marilyn
canoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:10 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Good Question Marilyn

I would like to know also! My daughter is now 22, but was very Colicky, so much so that I had to stop breast feeding her. Seems she was allergic to something I was eating... couldn't figure it out quick enough for her to thrive. Had to put her on soy formula. She is now also suffering from Lactose intolerance, intestinal problems, just like I do. I'm going for testing soon and starting on Glucose free diet as soon as doc agrees.

It would be interesting to see if there is a correlation!
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:13 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can tell you from experience that Colick isn't Just a Fussy Baby as the docs tell you. I don't think you need a doc to confirm colick is a sensitivity to something. Look at how colicky babies arch their backs and scream out in pain! Colick my petootie!
Soy is equally as toxic to most children as dairy, so soy formula would not be my first choice although it was the only choice I had w ds1. His intestinal issue today are likely from soy formula.
I'm gluten free and dairy free and my ds3 is very spit uppy, not instantly, hours later. Early on in his little life that seem to hurt him, he still will cry out on some spit ups. I've tried the sitting up thing, no difference. I nursed him around 6:30 am I picked him up at 8:45 and he spit up all over me and himself! Just did it again 30 minutes after his last feeding, and he fusses when he does it (I ate a few bites of gluten yesterday). That is my first concern... Second he is fussy when I do eat gluten. Third he has had reactions GI to my eating gluten and oats in large quantities over time. Forth, can we be in his new study on infants and introduction of wheat (that ought to be fun, NOT). I already know what the reaction will be -- fussy, diarrhea, rashes, and weight loss. I don't think I'd agree to be in the study unless I could choose when we introduce wheat, I'm thinking age 2!!!
Brain development is just to important to put a child in pain constantly -- my other Celiac I'm taking to a psychologist for testing he shows symptoms of Detatchment Disorder - ie from all the pain, he never wanted to be touched, Austism, anger issues,etc. DS2 inflicted pain on ds3 in the back seat of the van yesterday morning, scratched to crap out of the baby's knee. Ds2 did the same thing to dd when she was about the same age, only it was her arm.
Ds2 exhaust me.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:26 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HI Electra,

I goggled "raw goats milk in Virginia and this came up among many other sites. hopefully there is a farm near you.

http://www.realmilk.com/where5.html

Leslie
Swuzly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:07 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That is mostly a Dairy website which I am very familiar with. The farm we get our raw cows' milk from is not on that list which I find surprising.
Raw Goat's milk is hard to find. A friend of mine is raising goats for meat, she has had a ton of inquires for goat's milk, but she just can't do it.
I've had goats milk from the store and I do not like it at all. I've had goat yogurt too and cheese all my growing up years and didn't like it then and still don't now.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:22 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Electra,

Your description of colic, so describes my little guy, all those years ago. He also, "spit-up", actually it seemed like he almost vomited.

The docs response way back then, was in 3 months he'll be over it.

Good luck with your meeting with Dr. Fasano. Will look forward to hearing what his comments are.

Marilyn
canoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote