advertisement

Old 05-24-2007, 08:56 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Results from Enterolab-bummed

Well, I received my results from Enterolab, and all of my antibodies are higher. I am in a state of shock, and bummed. Just couldn't believe that these were my results.

I have been gluten free since May 05. Here are the original results, and the progression of since that time:

Antigliadin IgA 11 (05) 06(06) 30(07)
tTG IgA 12 (05) 13(06) 32(07)
Fat 91 (05) 279(06) 535(07)
Casein IgA 07 (05) 12(06) 44(07)
Egg 06 (05) 05(06) 10(07)
Yeast 10 (05) 10(06) 08(07)
Soy NA (05) 10(06) 26(07)

I definitely have been on a GF diet, and while I didn't go completely CF, I did cut it down considerably - instead of daily dairy, subsituted Almond Milk, and cut my cheese intake from several slices a day to a couple of slices a week, plus there was some whey in a bar that I ate, but I was also eating that bar in 05. Was eating a lot of gluten in 05 also.

In Sept of 06, a doc prescribed digestive enzymes for me, and I was also rx'd a compounded medication which I take daily. Called the pharmacy and they assure me that it is rice based filler.

My calling around and checking and rechecking everything this past 1.5 weeks, has not indicated anything other than the digestive enzyme contains something called SOD, and the one vitamin place said that their skin cream contained SOD which had wheat in it. The company that manufacturers the digestive enzymes, state that their enzymes are GF and yet I am able to find in a couple of places where the SOD could be detrimental to someone who is GS. I called the company before I started them.

While I realize that there are many more things in life that are much worse than my antibodies being elevated, I am at a loss as to why this has happened.

While the house is not GF, he is a health care professional also, and understands cross contamination. He is very respectful of my needs, so I don't think that is the cause.

Thanks for listening while I vent, and try to figure out what is going on.

A special thanks to Anne.

Marilyn (right now the cranky broad)
canoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-24-2007, 10:23 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Glad to listen! We all need to vent occasionally. Good luck on solving your mystery!
Hugs,
Old 05-24-2007, 11:29 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Lois.

Marilyn
Old 05-26-2007, 08:36 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

react very much to milk too, and I did read a newish article (abstract) from sweden where they found that the villi rect to casein just like to gluten is many celiacs........
My daughter is positive to anticasalbumin antibodies and in the past they did those tests here for celiac, but hten discontinued them and now they just do the Ttg and antigliadin tests.

Also, I react to yeast as I did have a high IgG to yeast. I react to citric acid too as this is made from....guess what. I get gluten-like symptoms from citric acid.

I had to quit baking bread with gluten as I would burn in my skin constantly from the dust in the air just from baking once a week. I poured the flour carefully into the bowl of the machine that kneads the dough.

I think digestive enzymes are made from--guess what. yeast or mold.

I think you should try to avoid all casein and milk and all yeast and derivatives of yeast.
There was an article in The Lancet that yeast acts int he gut just like gluten in some patients.
That includes mold, by the way.
Candida should theorethically harm you too...(I had to take a homeopathic yeast remedymyself. It even cleared my scalp and ear itching. I do have to repeat it sometimes. )
nora
northernlights is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:52 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Nora,

Thanks. I do have problems with both yeast and mold. Have stopped the enzymes.

Marilyn
Old 05-26-2007, 10:52 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Who is testing for antibodies via the IgG for things like casein, yeast, etc?
Link me please...
I'm subject to the medical profession and their blood test and many do not see IgG reactions as important. From what I can tell. I was told they can be elevated without a reason.
Electra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:42 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Electra,

My tests were done by my allergist and they are the intradermal skin tests.

I have been on allergy shots for years, 40, and while my reactions have diminished, they are still present.

Sorry that I can't help you.

Marilyn
Old 05-30-2007, 03:48 AM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default devil gluten

Hi Marilyn, i dont know all i should know about gluten and or though i've been doing very well self taught. i found celiac.com very helpfull over my 16 months off gluten, i didnt realise citric acid is gluten, and i've only just stopped using equal , which is asparten, and realised they had glut in them,
also after reading how bad it is for you anyway. dangerous crap!
some how i got glutened last week i's getting so you cant eat out as Australian chefs are so backward when it comes to the celiac diet.
i hate eating out now and get very stressed when I have to.
i was reading about a nun who went totally gluten free, her dr's couldnt work out why she was still getting glutened? it turned outshe was still eating the comunion waifer at church. it has gluten in it. so for some people the tiny little bit can hurt them and keep the celiac ball rolling.
i've recently found out through gene test that i'm not celiac but it dosnt change a thing , as soon as i eat anything even i little vinigar on my salad, i'm in pain. i've damage done to my brain from it. (i believe)
gluten sensitivety can still damage our bodies so be realy carefull , and yes i totally can see how cranky it makes us when we try to do all the right things.
god bless and best wishes to you and your family.
jenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoe View Post
Well, I received my results from Enterolab, and all of my antibodies are higher. I am in a state of shock, and bummed. Just couldn't believe that these were my results.

I have been gluten free since May 05. Here are the original results, and the progression of since that time:

Antigliadin IgA 11 (05) 06(06) 30(07)
tTG IgA 12 (05) 13(06) 32(07)
Fat 91 (05) 279(06) 535(07)
Casein IgA 07 (05) 12(06) 44(07)
Egg 06 (05) 05(06) 10(07)
Yeast 10 (05) 10(06) 08(07)
Soy NA (05) 10(06) 26(07)

I definitely have been on a GF diet, and while I didn't go completely CF, I did cut it down considerably - instead of daily dairy, subsituted Almond Milk, and cut my cheese intake from several slices a day to a couple of slices a week, plus there was some whey in a bar that I ate, but I was also eating that bar in 05. Was eating a lot of gluten in 05 also.

In Sept of 06, a doc prescribed digestive enzymes for me, and I was also rx'd a compounded medication which I take daily. Called the pharmacy and they assure me that it is rice based filler.

My calling around and checking and rechecking everything this past 1.5 weeks, has not indicated anything other than the digestive enzyme contains something called SOD, and the one vitamin place said that their skin cream contained SOD which had wheat in it. The company that manufacturers the digestive enzymes, state that their enzymes are GF and yet I am able to find in a couple of places where the SOD could be detrimental to someone who is GS. I called the company before I started them.

While I realize that there are many more things in life that are much worse than my antibodies being elevated, I am at a loss as to why this has happened.

While the house is not GF, he is a health care professional also, and understands cross contamination. He is very respectful of my needs, so I don't think that is the cause.

Thanks for listening while I vent, and try to figure out what is going on.

A special thanks to Anne.

Marilyn (right now the cranky broad)
jenD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:59 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you Jen.

I hope that you are feeling better on the GF diet and that your health improves.

I was so cranky and upset because I had checked with the company before I started the doctor rx'd enzymes, and that is the only thing that I can find that might have caused this. It is not the enzymes in themselves, but the fact that that product had SOD which apparently is grown on wheat and/or encased in gliadin which is probably causing the damage.

I have been off them for about 1.5 weeks and feeling somewhat better.

I am just hoping that not too much damage has been done. I was so happy last year, because some of my lab values had improved and I felt that I was healing and now this set back. The good news is that I found out now and can do something about it.

Marilyn
Old 05-30-2007, 10:00 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The results of my gene work are in from Enterolab and I am double DQ1 with subtype 7,6. Anone know what that indicates?

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0301

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0602

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,6)

Leslie
Swuzly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote