Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Thoracic Outlet Syndrome/Brachial Plexopathy. In Memory Of DeAnne Marie.

advertisement

Old 06-05-2007, 03:14 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default HopeLivesHere has procedure today

As some of you may know HopeLivesHere is having her procedure today at 7:00 am Pacific time. I wanted to start a thread showing support for her and all the terrible hardship she has endured.

Best wishes and get well soon Hope!

Last edited by ocgirl; 06-05-2007 at 10:40 AM.
ocgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 06-05-2007, 07:00 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Oh, I See Matha's Trying to Grab All the Credit Again, Better Chime In!

boy, you nurses really know how to stick together...sheesh! makes the rest of us look rather weak, i must say. (i hope you're happy, OC Woman! )

hope- i hope, i hope, i hope, everything goes off without a hiccough this morning for you, my dear sweet friend.

shhhhhhhh, the insomniacs are trying to sleeeeeeeep, people!!!!

wake arnold up anyway on this issue when you're feeling better won't you? man wants to reinvent himself?.........indeed!

let's start by showing a heart then.

i wish she wouldn't muck these procedure good wishes threads up with those fake howyousay, virtual flowers of hers.

some of us have allergies, after all! - can't those be reserved for something major, like i don't know, say getting a RIB and/or a couple NECK MUSCLES yanked our of yer body, for starters?!? i mean no disrepect here or anything, but you should be ending up on cloud 9 today according to recent reports coming out of PA way... why do you need stupid flowers? or well wishes, for that matter?

and who are you to rate, anyway, i don't think i recall seeing you anywhere around on this forum of late (OK, treadiing dangerous waters of sarcasm here; gonna stop. i take it back! i take it back! i take it back! [there. i took it back, hope - just by repeating that 3x! see how that works? xxoo])

seriously, H, don't hiccough on the table, i think it could be a bad thing - you don't want to end up with that pump in yer elbow or somethng, now do you? (OK, don't tell me!; you have pain there, too... i know, i know i know...there, there, now, now...) so important to hit the right dorsal horn spinal nerve or something...where's mr. science; he's going to explain it all to us i'm sure of it!

actually, i could use a lesson in how these pain pumps work vis a vis someone with a 'pain brain' like hope or i have with the neural plasticity/central sensitization thang goin' on after so many years of severe intractable pain having its wicked wicked way with us...

i which nurse gibb would come up for air; she is so good at research and seems to enjoy it so (victoria! if you're reading...all is forgiven, darling; come home!!!!).

i'm really getting carried away with this 'edit' function. never a good thing. someone needs to do a study on the charater defects of the typical TOS'er and how they correlate to the symptomatology of the disorder. (how's that for a non-sequitur, folks?)

well, hope, i am so glad everything worked out for you the way it was supposed to yesterday. you have waited a long, long time for this pump to be permanently implanted! wear it in good health; i do hope you'll let us know how you're faring when you're able, both b/c we care and b/c so many others are right where you are and have been 'lo these many long months.

alison

Last edited by Sea Pines 50; 06-05-2007 at 07:56 AM. Reason: dread perfectionism
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:27 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I know you did alot of research and have endured a great deal of pain, so I wish you well. I am praying that with this procedure you are able to gain a better quality of life and lessen pain levels. You are a kind and wonderful friend and you deserve the best life has to offer. So when this procedure is done and is sucessful Go grab life.
Take care
hairdresser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:22 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hope,

The time that I have known you, you have endured alot of pain and hardship from this injury. But you have always been a inspiration to all of us that need to go forward and fight for what we need.
I am glad that today is your day and with the pump in place and the pain relief there you will be able to deal with the lawyers, insurace companys and whoever comes your way with more zest...

So all aside...

You are in my Thoughts and Prayers this morning.. That your procedure is smooth and uneventful and that your recovery is Great...

Many Hugs to you..
"Get Well Soon"
Dawn
Old 06-05-2007, 11:02 AM #5
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Best of Luck to you - Hope!
Old 06-05-2007, 02:59 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Trophy such a brave woman!

Hope - you are a rock and a pillar of strength. You have endured much, but your bravery and faith have served you well. I pray that you will get relief from surgery and quick healing for many MANY years of deep breaths!

Much love,
Anne

"It is what it is."
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:57 PM #7
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I am praying for a successful surgery for you today Hope and many days and years of relief for what you have suffered.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:18 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Best wishes, Hope! Let us know how you are when you feel like it.
redjpwranglergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:26 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hope,

Thinking of you. Lots and lots of luck. It's about time. phoebe
phoebe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:47 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!!

I am so thrilled! Surgery is long over with by now! I am hoping that it went well, and you are feeling the effects of the pump, and peacefully resting in your hospital room.

Take your time to recover, even though you may feel better right away. The pump its self needs to "scar in", so no bending and stretching, (tho with your surgery sites, you'll probably not want to!) for at least a month. No reaching over your shoulders either, if your catheter is attached in the cervical region.

Can't wait to hear how you are doing!!

Hugs to you!!

Cala
Caladium is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote