Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 06-11-2007, 12:41 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Shocked My new car got "hit" two times in one week!

What are the odds of that? I'm buying a lottery ticket!

I FINALLY buy a new car after driving the Ghetto mobile for 10 years, no more soccer mom Minivan for me... I get a sexy red Chrysler Sebring...
A lady rear ends me last week...
Then on Sunday, some idiot backs into me in a parking lot! How do you "NOT SEE" a red car sitting behind you in a parking space?
When you're driving an SUV and you backed into your parking space!

I'm getting a new hood and a new back bumper before I've even made my first car payment!
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 06-11-2007, 01:48 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

were they mexicans that wanted some insuarance money?

lol

or

mexicans that run all the body shops and need the business? lol
Old 06-11-2007, 02:28 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How funny! No... just dumb luck!

The first one was a Mexican descent woman, but American born and raised as far as I could tell, talking on her cell phone, (I've done that myself!) we all slowed down to let the ambulance go through the intersection at a green light... and she wasn't paying attention... slammed on her brakes, didn't stop fast enough!

The second one, At a kids soccer game, I was pulled into a parking spot, like a "normal" person would! for some unknown reason, the young "Philippino" man who had a strong accent had backed into his parking spot... he was about to leave, and I have no explanation as to why he would back up instead of pull forward! He said he didn't see my car !

I'm 47 years old... I've been driving since I was 14 years old...

I have been rear ended four times! (always at red lights!)
Hit head on one time....
and backed into one time.
I have swerved and missed quite a few near misses.

I have never been in accident that was caused by me (thank God). I have been lucky! I think I am a good driver and I am very defensive.

The ones that have cost me the most money are the ones that have been illegal immigrants with no insurance!
The girl who hit me head on was a young woman from Viet Nam who was driving her boyfriends car, with no drivers license, no insurance, had overstayed her Visa, and she got hurt but didn't want to go to the hospital because she had no insurance. She totalled my car. I was a single mom in my late 20's with liability insurance, a VW beetle filled with Christmas gifts for my kids, on my way to my apartment while the kids were with their dad. She crossed over the lane at an intersection to make a left turn and took me out into the big light posts in the middle of the intersection. Made a VW sandwich out of my little car. I had no money to replace it.

Anyway, yes, I was pretty devastated, and there was nothing I could do about it! At that time, there was no law against not having insurance in the state of CA.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:40 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Oh No!

You poor thing. I have to chuckle just a bit cause that happened to us one time years ago on a brand new car. It got hit 2 times like that before 1st payment.

It also seemed we just kept having bad luck later in years to come with it in alot of mechanicals ways too.

Hope you don't have that problem. We figured that car was made by some alien. Gave us bad luck! LOL

Peggy
Peg24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:27 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

bush and arnold wont enforce the insurance law

they need the money for their 16 babies diapers i guess
Old 06-12-2007, 11:47 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm afraid I will have a RED Lemon!

I hope not! I love my new car!

As far as the insurance law... that SUCKS! That means the rest of us have to pay extra on our insurance to cover those "uninsured" jerks so if we get hit, we can afford to get our cars fixed because those idiots with no insurance can just walk away and dissapear into the woodwork with the rest of the cockroaches!

It's all about the almighty dollar for the businessman!

It doesn't matter "where" the immigrants come from, as long as they are willing to work for less than the Americans are willing to work for, and live in substandard conditions than the Americans are willing to live in, because that is what they are used to in their countries.

Feel free to email me back.

Terri