Weight Loss & Healthy Living For weight loss and healthy living discussions.

advertisement

Old 06-13-2007, 07:30 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Wednesday Roll Call!

Howdy all! Feeling like a ball of crud this morning and I have to get to my pain doc appointment this morning. This w/d from the Lexapro has to end soon!!! I am not sure how much longer I can take it.
The upside is I can't eat. My appetite is almost gone. So, yea?
Well time to put on the happy face and bring in that resume of mine! Wish me luck gals!

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II

fiberowendy2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 06-13-2007, 09:32 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

:D Hi Wendy, sorry your having so much trouble...side effect of not being able to eat though, is great!!!!!

Billie, is so wonderful and we had a very good time! I wish everyone could meet Billie. She has a wonderful attitude and outlook on life. I learned a few things from her, that I hope not to forget. Billie is so loving and caring, need to be around her more so some of her can rub off on me! I had such a good time visiting her and we had a good time laughing, of course we tend to do so many things just alike, it is too funny to find out how much we are alike! We say the same things, park our cars the same way, forget just alike, and on and on. Had a good time sharing our faith together and her church family is wonderful. I just loved her preacher and his wife and 13 year old son. Wanted to bring the son home for another grandchild for me.

We rode Billie's golfcart all over her town, shopped for yard sales, Goodwill, antique stores, even went to Dollar General. Ha, I love Dollar General too. Hee hee. Bear her doggie and I fell in love with each other. He gave me doggie kisses right off and got in my lap. Bear would ride down the rode on the golf cart with his little leg and paw resting on my leg. Too sweet. He greated me every morning when we got up and when we came home.
I fed him some cookies. Ha, he really liked them!

The town was so nice and so quiet, here in my town, it is noisy. They didn't have a lot of traffic and some people ride over the town in golf carts, even saw a couple riding lawn mowers. Neat! Ride down a rode like that here and they will run you down! Of course not on purpose, it is just so full people! People there were nice there too, just like here in Georgia.
The plane was a bit noisy but I was surprized to find I did not get a bit spooky feeling. I usually don't like planes...guess it was because I was so thrilled to be getting to meet Billie for the first time. Now there will be annual visits! We will yard sale till we drop next year too!

I DID GAIN A LITTLE OVER TWO POUNDS! It was worth every ounce and we ate good stuff. Even ate ice cream before we ate lunch. Oh how wonderful! Told you we are sooooooooo much alike!

Found out while I was gone that my hubby of over 44 years does love me! Was beginning to wonder, due to the hard time we had after my accident. He isn't use to caring for me, I take care of him so it has been a hard "row to hoe", yet the ole guy really missed me!!! WOW! Sorry...didn't miss him at all...having too much fun, fun, fun!

Billie, I had such a good time and love ya even more as a sister, my friend! Love the matching "sister" purse you gave me. It will be such fun knowing you and I are taking them with us and just alike! I sat on the plane planning the next visit and your visit here this summer or whenever you come. Might not have any plants on my fence row though...cows are having fun reaching through a hole in the fence and eating them! Oh well, at least I get to enjoy the neighbors cows without the work of taking care fo them.

Hugs YALL I had a GREAT time wish Y'ALL COULD MEET BILLIE!
froglady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:05 AM #3
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Smile

WEll....It sounds like you guys are 2 peas in a pod!
So glad that you enjoyed each others company.
It is always exciting to hear of folks meeting up after being internet friends...others have done this as well.
Have a great day and wendy I hope that lexapro gets out of your system soon and are feeling better and more yourself.
have a good day yall!
bizi

Hattie the black and white one wrestling with hazel, calico. lost hattie to cancer.....
Happiness is a decision....

150mg of lamictal 2x a day
haldol 5mg 2x a day
1mg of cogentin 2x a day
klonipin , 1mg at night

I will not give up in this weight loss journey, nor this need to be AF. 3-19-13=156, 6-7-13=139, 8-19-13=149, 11-12-13=140, 6-28-14=157, 7-24-14=149, 9-24-14=144, 1-12-15=164, 2-28-15=149, 4-21-15=143, 6-26-15=138.5, 7-22-15=146, 8-24-15=151, 9-15-15=145, 11-1-15=137, 11-29-15=143, 1-4-16=152, 1-26-16=144, 2-24-16=150, 8-15-16=163, 1-4-17=169, 9-20-17=174, 11-17-17=185.6, 3-22-18=167.9, 8-31-18= 176.3, 3-6-19=190.8 5-30-20=176, 1-4-21=202, 10-4-21= 200.8,12-10-21=186, 3-26-22=180.3, 7-30-22=188, 10-15-22=180.9,
bizi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:05 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

AWWWWW! How sweet on both ends. Love all around!
Well I just came back from my pain doc's office and because of a doctor's code I cannot work in his office, but one of his partners has an office about the same distance away who needs someone to work there. The office manager said that she would pass on my resume to that office manager. Unfortunately she is on vacation this week so next week an interview will be worked out. I hope! This is a much busier practice but maybe that is what I need a swift kick in the behind!
Cross your fingers everyone!

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II

fiberowendy2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:26 AM #5
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart Good Morning to all~

I am lazy this morning. Just out sunning and writting my son. I want everyone to know Gaye is a wonderful person. To hear her discribe herself, she is nothing like that at all. I thought she would have bumps all over her face, & she has beautiful complection. She talks about having hair she can't do nothing with, and it just falls in place. No setting it, or nothing. If I had hair like that, I would love it. Mine would be completely white if it wasn't colored, her's is a mix, like salt & pepper. She runs herself down and she shouldn't. She is beautiful inside & out. I found no fault in her at all. Our time was to short and the 5 days went fast. I hope she can stay longer the next time.

Yes, I plan on coming down sometime, maybe August or if I would fly a little later. I can't hardly wait to meet her family too. I have talked to them on the phone already and know they are nice too. I know they were worried about Gaye coming up here, but she had never met me & meeting on the internet probably did scare her children. And her getting on a plane to go a few states away after all she had been threw, well I can see their point. We did have a great time tho and like Gaye said, we are even closer now. Bear really misses her too. He keeps going to the chair she sat in and even slept there the first night she wasn't here. He had to inspect her bags everytime she came in, cause she kept giving him stuff. He is spoiled already! She got him the cutest squirell. It looks real! Then she brought him other toys & treats to eat, so he thinks she is is GREAT & she is.

Wendy, hope you get to feeling better soon. Comming off pill's is hard, I have been down that road too. I hope you get a job you like. I will say a prayer for you.
Have a great day!
BC

She who hides nothing, has nothing to hide~
Fancylady_2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:07 AM #6
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I guys,

I have not posted in a few days but have been following the travels of Billie and Gaye. It sounds like it was jusy wonderful ! YAY Gaye and Billie!

Wendy, I am sorry that you dont feel well. I sure hope it gets better once you are off that old med. And I am keeping my fingers toes legs and arms crossed for your job hunt.

Bizi how are those chigger bites doing?

Hope everyone has a good day.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:33 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lord, Please Give Me Patience, Now!!!!!!!!

Girls, I'm loosing my mind! There are workmen all over my house! We are in the middle of our remodel and it's at that point where the sound of hammering is driving me wild. My poor little weiner dog climbed up into my arms and is actually lying between me and the keyboard. She's so scared.
Yesterday nobody came and I was able to clean up the floor, counters from the dust, etc. and all for nothing. I hate big messes and last Friday a guy was cracking up and pulling up floor tile that needed to be replaced. (The person who originally tiled half of our home really messed up.) Old grout dust was flying all over and, well, I'm just ready for it all to be done.

Breathe deeply Nancy, breathe deeply. . . .

Nancy and Tootsie the dog
nancy-h is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:15 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Me again - I forgot to say a couple of things:

Wendy - Best of luck to you! I'm sorry that you are looking for a job and coping with the crap from stopping a med. Keep your chin up, it will pass!

Billie and Gaye - I am so darn happy for the two of you. We often hear about the bad things the internet does but rarely does it talk about bringing two women together to form a life long friendship. I'm just so happy for you I could bust! Good job Gaye, I know that getting there was kind of a challenge but you did it and now you have Billie's friendship forever.

Later gators. . .
Nancy
Old 06-13-2007, 01:34 PM #9
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart Nancy~

Why don't you and the dog go to the park. At least there you won't be hearing the hammer and seeing the mess it makes. We always had messes to when we remodeled. Thats part of the job. I sweep up daily because of tracking it everywhere. This to will pass, and you will be happy to see a new home without moving. You talk about a mess, I still haven't found all my clothes and some were summer ones.
Blessings,
BC

She who hides nothing, has nothing to hide~
Fancylady_2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:38 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bless you Billie

Billie, you always have a way of putting things into perspective! The park is a great idea but it's 106 or so here today! Too darn hot. We have it easy for clothes as we wear shorts almost year round. I need to go to the pool but the dog can't come. She's doing better this afternoon.
Not as scared.
Maybe I need to take a trip to see you and Gaye! Good idea, huh! But we have to pay for this work first.

Thanks for the response,
Nancy