Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Thoracic Outlet Syndrome/Brachial Plexopathy. In Memory Of DeAnne Marie.

advertisement

Old 06-16-2007, 01:45 PM #1
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Mad Chores so consuming-wish things sparkled

I was always reared with our chores for Saturday being done before we went out. But there were four girls and Mom!

With busy life, of ill kiddo's, doctors, grandson, working and toll of when I was in school. After gettting Katie out to school there was little left over energy, I napped.

It just doesn;t seem right for me to have no energy and fight a day to just do dishes, sweep the kitchen, a load of laundry, and family....
But I am wiped out. Is it the Fybromyagia? 7 years of chronic pain, PLUS Ihave no help, more then put a dishes away and take out garbage, do the liter boxes's's's help from son.

I am ready to call Merry Maids to just get back the sparkle and spic and span.
I use lysol whips, I have a floor shampooer that is electric, If I get up to use it once amonth, generally I just use the swifter wet wipes.

I love the floor sweepers I saw that were actually mops on the feet, lol, and mitts for the hands to dust. I remember the days ofwet rags on the feet skating around before I bought my swifter. Nothing like getting down on all fours withLLysol and getting the trim and corners though.....and wall! A great lemon oil dusting....

then there is the bathroom, I have the clorox or Mr Clean reach pad...but gee, even gettingmotivated to do anything more then spray and rinse is challanging.

I guess this is a combo of whining of lack of motivation and energy; and tricks that others may use.
I really am considering having a cleaning service...just so much.
So I am off to at least improve the situation, not to say it will be of Saturday's past.
Have a good weekend,
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 06-16-2007, 02:54 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

DiMarie; Try not to get too down about the housework, it will still be there when there's a little more energy. If you can, the hired help sounds like a good idea, then may be easier to keep up with. Try to take it easy and know that you are not judged on how clean your house is. When others come, they come to see you. Take care I'm pacing myself today. Take care
hairdresser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:42 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A cleaning service sounds like a good idea. Also, I don't know what kind of regular, daily meds you're on, but have you noticed you have alot less energy since starting any of them? The reason I ask is my PCP had me on WAY too much BP med, and I hardly had the energy many days to walk from the bed to the den. I also ended up hospitalized for 3 days because I passed out on the sidewalk in front of a restaurant. After all kinds of tests, the conclusion was TOO LOW potassium level. That was 3 yrs. ago. My BP med was changed and was recently changed again by my endocrinologist. Something is still going on with it because I almost passed out in Walmart a couple of weeks ago. So, I'm wondering if any of your meds could be causing you to feel so bad?
redjpwranglergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:27 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dianne,
My goodness girl, just thinking about the circumstances you have experienced and lived through in the past 7 years makes me exhausted.

I have someone come to clean once a month, which is not as much as I would like. It does feel nice to get the house cleaned all at once. Is there someone who's opinion you trust that could give you a recommendation for a house cleaner?

Try not to be too hard on your self. You have carried such a tremendous load of stress from when you were police chief, to your own injuries, De was a wonderful daughter but you had to become a tos expert to help her out.

Then to lose your precious daughter so unexpectantly, what a terrible shock to your mind and body.

Do you have a pain psychologist? ( I remember how you liked your first one- then his terrible car accident)
Or a family doctor that you can talk to and trust to rule out a physical reason?

Take care of yourself Dianne. I love you and want you feeling better soon.
ocgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:42 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default DiMarie,

First I want to say how very sorry I am about your De. I was reading the forum but never got back here to tell you that I was thinking of you.

You have been through so much this past year, not to mention the couple of years before that. Please try not to let those household things get to you too much. You have so much on your plate right now, if you can, try not let them worry you. That merry maid thing sounded good. I've also lately started dusting/ swiffering one room at a time. That pressure of getting the whole house done at once is alot of pressure, at least for me. My best to you, phoebe
phoebe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote