Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 06-23-2007, 07:52 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check-In June 24-30, 2007 Welcome New Community Members

Hi Everyone..A warm welcome to our new community members!

I went to my support group today and we had a speaker who talked about the stress of cronic illness for the patient and caregiver..It was very informative, and it was good to put some focus on the caregivers in the group..I also went to a 50th birthday party for a friend today whom Ive know for alot of years

My backache is gone, and the Chiropractor did a great job of getting me back on track..I realized alot from the experience..mostly that the Chiropractor whom I was seeing a few years ago was a fraud..He adjusted me for 9 months before he told me I should see a Neurologist..I know now that that Chiropractor knew there was something more wrong with me than a pinched nerve..I saw him 2-3 times a week for 9 months..He had to know that I had pd or some neurological disorder..The guy Im seeing now will find a weakness, tell me what it is, and where it is, adjust me, and then test my strength, and my strength in that area is immediately restored..Thats how I now know that the other guy knew there was something else wrong with me and kept taking my money

I got out fishing a few times during the week, and did ok..Im tired today though..I needed a day off

I hope Carolyn is doing ok..I am anxious to hear about the results, and hope she gets some abundant relief from the surgery

How was your week?

Altered picture of the week:..You Soprano's fans out there will recognize this scene from the season finale..The Clintons did a spoof on this scene recently, so I thought it wouldnt be right if the Bush's werent included in the act..

Clinton spoof:...
http://www.breitbart.tv/html/1902.html

Quit yer whinin' Alberto!.."Try to remember the times that were good"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re3Ffn4Vmbw

(Click on link and turn on volume)

Last edited by stevem53; 06-23-2007 at 08:40 PM.
stevem53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 06-24-2007, 01:30 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had a similar experience with the chiropractor before I was dxs Steve. It makes me wonder if he also new that I had a serious problem and was just cashing in on me. At least you are getting some relief now and that is what matters. You asked if I was taking Sinamet, yes I am taking 1 tablet 4 x a day along with my requip which is now up to 14 mgs. a day. I am still finding that I can only go about 3 hrs before I notice the dystonia and rigidity. Also when I wake up in the night I notice the same symptoms, somtimes I take more requip in the night to get back to sleep. Maybe its time for a med change. I see the MDS in October so I'll find out then. I am keeping busy getting my house ready to sell in the fall. It is too large for me and I don't care to take in any tennants anymore. So I'll downsize and it will be a lot less work and cost less to run. Hope you are all doing O.K.
Evon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:25 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Steve, you are a master with the altered pics!

"Remember the good times," indeed!

The news about your back pain relief is teriffic! Enjoy the fishing. I still want to make a trip to RI and accompany you on a working day out on the sound or bay, as the case may be. Hauling up conch traps, empying them and rebaiting sounds to me like a great way to spend a day (or two).
It would not be a good idea to put me in charge of the motor, however. This week my lawn mower destroyed itself from a lack of crankcase oil! And I knew it was low! Fortunately I bought it used last year, and did not like it that much anyway. The self-propelled feature was too weak to be of significant help. Time to shop for a repacement today.
The other notable event of the week was the departure yesterday of our youngest son for Seattle. He and his girlfriend, who already lives and works there as a social worker, left in a fully loaded U-Haul truck bound for the great Northwest. We will miss him.
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:26 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evon View Post
I had a similar experience with the chiropractor before I was dxs Steve. It makes me wonder if he also new that I had a serious problem and was just cashing in on me. At least you are getting some relief now and that is what matters. You asked if I was taking Sinamet, yes I am taking 1 tablet 4 x a day along with my requip which is now up to 14 mgs. a day. I am still finding that I can only go about 3 hrs before I notice the dystonia and rigidity. Also when I wake up in the night I notice the same symptoms, somtimes I take more requip in the night to get back to sleep. Maybe its time for a med change. I see the MDS in October so I'll find out then. I am keeping busy getting my house ready to sell in the fall. It is too large for me and I don't care to take in any tennants anymore. So I'll downsize and it will be a lot less work and cost less to run. Hope you are all doing O.K.
Im doing ok Eve..The thing that got me wise to my former Chiropractor was this:..The new Chiropractor explained that the spinal nerves are like a circut board..When he is checking the circutry of the spine, he presses on the joints, while he holds pressure on my arm with me trying to resist the pressure..When he finds the pinched nerve I cant resist the pressure he is putting on my arm untill he moves off the spot..Thats how he finds the subluxation..After adjusting that spot for a few visits, he gets the joint off of the nerve thats pinched, and therefore "connecting" the circutry..My former Chiropractor saw me 2-3 times a week for 9 months before he told me that he thought that there was something else wrong with me..After the first maybe 10 visits, and certainly after the first 20 visits, he had connected all the circutry, and therefore, I am very sure that there werent anymore pinched nerves to free up that could have possibly been contributing to my cronic stubborn condition..And I know that as a Chiropractor he knows the spinal nerves foward, backwards, and inside out, and after the first few visits he had to know that I had a neurological disorder as soon as he opened up all the spinal circutry, and my condition didnt improve..So once he had sucked up $40 a visit, 2-3 times a week for 9 months, and my condition wasnt improving, he had to let the cat out of the bag before I found out on my own that the reason why I wasnt getting better was because I had pd

It sounds like you are ready for a med change
Old 06-25-2007, 04:34 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLSmi View Post
"Remember the good times," indeed!

The news about your back pain relief is teriffic! Enjoy the fishing. I still want to make a trip to RI and accompany you on a working day out on the sound or bay, as the case may be. Hauling up conch traps, empying them and rebaiting sounds to me like a great way to spend a day (or two).
It would not be a good idea to put me in charge of the motor, however. This week my lawn mower destroyed itself from a lack of crankcase oil! And I knew it was low! Fortunately I bought it used last year, and did not like it that much anyway. The self-propelled feature was too weak to be of significant help. Time to shop for a repacement today.
The other notable event of the week was the departure yesterday of our youngest son for Seattle. He and his girlfriend, who already lives and works there as a social worker, left in a fully loaded U-Haul truck bound for the great Northwest. We will miss him.

I am looking forward to you coming down, I think you mentioned in October?..It will be great to see you again, and the fishing is great in October and weather is decent..(By a New Englander's standards that is.. ..)..I'll give you the dime tour..

Remember to check that oil!..